William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not really a fan of zombicide, but it seems like CMON games are pretty profitable to flip. So I wanted to check with zombicide experts on whether I should buy 5 of these. Or just double down on the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
I am not really a fan of zombicide, but it seems like CMON games are pretty profitable to flip. So I wanted to check with zombicide experts on whether I should buy 5 of these. Or just double down on the others.

Since this was their most sucessful KS ever, there should be less demand for the exclusives. Also consider the extended late pledge window let a bunch more people get the KS version than normal.

You could probably still make a profit, but I personally don't think this is the game to get 5 copies of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombie Fifty-Seven
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hmm. For a gamer yes buy it...

...for a quick buck, they really sold a lot of this during this run. I would not risk anything. You'll make money sure, but probably not much and be left with a lot of "common" items that everyone has.

The money will be on the KS exclsuive packs IMO and stuff that may not make retail such as card holders and 3D stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
Being the most successful also means the most freebies and kickstarter exclusives. That is why I am contemplating it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
Being the most successful also means the most freebies and kickstarter exclusives. That is why I am contemplating it.

Right, but it cuts both ways, because it means most Zombicide fans will have gotten in on this one, so there will be less demand for the exclusives.

I don't think you would lose money of course, just not sure it's worth your time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much profit do you want to make? How long after you get your copies do you want to wait to sell it? Are you hoping to sell off entire pledges, or sell the stuff piecemeal?

While it's entirely likely that you'll be able to make your money back and then some, there are going to be a lot of copies of this game out there. For context, a lot of stuff from Zombicide Season 3 is going unsold on eBay, and only 12,000 people backed that game instead of the 20,000 that backed Black Plague.

After the insane prices season 1 exclusives went for, a lot of backers went in for extras with the intent to sell, so there will be many extra copies hitting the secondary market once the game releases. In addition, since the game is still currently open to late backers, there will be even less people that missed this kickstarter compared to some other campaigns.

If you're dead set on getting some to sell, I'd recommend holding on to some copies until the inevitable Black Plague Season 2, as that is the most likely time when new people will discover the game and want what they missed out on. Still, I'd guess you'd get 50% return or less on each extra set that you get, and you'd probably have to take a fair amount of time separating items, listing, relisting items, and still end up with some stuff that will hardly sell for anything at all. It might be more time and energy than it's worth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Coyotenomad wrote:
a lot of stuff from Zombicide Season 3 is going unsold on eBay

This seems like the best data point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sold my season 3 for BP and to be honest, if I had not won my season 3, it would not have been worth the time and effort after ebay/paypal took their cut. I would not risk it. As for this game, there are way too many heroes and I will never play with half of them so I am planing to sell 10 or 15 for $5 each...Maybe $10 if possible. That said, if I cannot sell them I do not care since I did not buy this to flip it. I will just have some extras to paint and rarely play heh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if you want to flip something try and find a cheap KS edition of Rivet Wars (Less made/backers = more profit)....I easily got $500 for that game on ebay. But again I did not get it to flip it. The wife and I just decided we prefered Traditional Mini games and things like Mars Attacks instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.