Hide
5 Posts

Thunderbirds» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can tokens be passed between players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: answer_in_the_rulebook [+] [View All]
steve brothers
msg tools
To avert a scheme I needed to have two particular tokens in the indian ocean location while having TB2 with two particular vehicles in australia. Player piloting TB2 also had the two tokens needed in the indian ocean.

Could I have passed the tokens to another player as an action? Can tokens even be passed?

Ultimately I just swapped pilots to get everything where it needed to be and defeat the scheme but it raised the question of whether tokens can be passed and how so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Wilson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally, tokens can't be passed on. I believe there is a FAB card that lets people swap tokens, but I think it's with the supply rather than each other.

However, what we have been doing is just leaving the Pod vehicles in the right space. There's nothing that I can find that requires them to be in TB2 at the time, they just need to be in the right location.

This has to be the way to do it, or you're never going to be able to do any of the Lvl4 Schemes with 2 players!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T
United Kingdom
Clitheroe
Lancs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As Sandy said, tokens cannot be passed - rulebook p9:

"You may not give bonus tokens to other players, unless otherwise stated."

I've had one FAB card that allowed 2 bonus tokens to be transferred from one player to another, came in very handy for defeating a scheme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sandals wrote:
Normally, tokens can't be passed on. I believe there is a FAB card that lets people swap tokens, but I think it's with the supply rather than each other.

However, what we have been doing is just leaving the Pod vehicles in the right space. There's nothing that I can find that requires them to be in TB2 at the time, they just need to be in the right location.

This has to be the way to do it, or you're never going to be able to do any of the Lvl4 Schemes with 2 players!

You are correct that Pod Vehicles do not need to be in TB2 - some missions/schemes actually require three pod vehicles for success, which would be impossible if they had to be in TB2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Netherlands
Den haag
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
skbrothers wrote:
To avert a scheme I needed to have two particular tokens in the indian ocean location while having TB2 with two particular vehicles in australia. Player piloting TB2 also had the two tokens needed in the indian ocean.

Could I have passed the tokens to another player as an action? Can tokens even be passed?

Ultimately I just swapped pilots to get everything where it needed to be and defeat the scheme but it raised the question of whether tokens can be passed and how so.

I think that the biggest mistake one can make when playing this game is thinking that certain characters must be with certain vehicles.
I have found the easy gameplay to be too easy, and my suspicion is that people who have trouble with it have trouble with the concept of jumping around from one thunderbird to another.

This is the whole pick up and deliver issue from another thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.