14 Posts

Pixel Tactics Deluxe» Forums » General

Subject: Sleeves - What Size and How Many Full PT Deluxe Pledge... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Kaplan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I pledge the full amount for PT Deluxe, meaning I am getting Tactics 1-4, Deluxe, all the Promo Cards and Packs.

For those who have sleeved this game what size do I need and how many?

Also do you think opaque backs are necessary with all the different sets, or are the backs identical enough to make clear backs workable?

Thanks for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Approximate Card Contents List:
All cards are standard size (2.5X3.5 inches).

PT 1-5:
50 Hero Cards (each game)
2 Reference Cards (each game)
2 Blank Cards (each game)

PT DX:
58 PTDX Hero Cards (including reference cards and blanks)
40 Base Cards (for a variant mode)
68 Common Cards (Hero-only cards)
21 Outcasts Mini-pack (including cover, back, and HD Leader cards)
55 HD Leaders

Holiday, Myth, History Promo Pack:
24 Hero Cards

Company Promo Pack:
48 Hero Cards

The backs should all be identical, so you can use clear backs if you'd like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kaplan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought pixel tactics cards had red and blue backs, and then some cards have green or purple backs... is PTDX changing that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me clarify, by that I meant that all of the colored backs should be the same amongst each other. There are still red and blue backs for normal cards, green for promos, purple for HD Leaders and orange for Bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kaplan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if you are playing in draft format and using promos you would know what you are drawing then from it's card back? So maybe opaque backs would be better...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ithry wrote:
Let me clarify, by that I meant that all of the colored backs should be the same amongst each other. There are still red and blue backs for normal cards, green for promos, purple for HD Leaders and orange for Bases.

Ah, ok, whew.

Still, I have some older versions of the game, and there are two different finishes to my cards, so I have to use opaque sleeves (they can be identified visually).

Currently, plan is red and blue for the red and blue cards, clear for everything else. I'll revise as needed. If you have any suggestions, especially as they pertain to drafting, I'd love to hear them.

mjktheatre wrote:
So if you are playing in draft format and using promos you would know what you are drawing then from it's card back? So maybe opaque backs would be better...

I'd double check the rules for drafting first, there may be a way to draft them without needing opaque sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Promos are only intended to be used with the promo variant where there is a separate deck of promo cards to draw from. The rules for this are in the Deluxe rulebook. If you'd like to use promos in other modes, you'd have to sleeve them without clear sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kaplan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll just wait to receive the game and learn the variant rules before deciding the best way to sleeve them.

Thanks again, looking forward to this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kaplan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On another note, any chance of us getting a pdf of the deluxe rulebook while we wait?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kaplan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you say, promo cards, do you mean the small box promos like Seven Sisters or Price of Victory, or just the single card promos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think we were planning on putting the rulebook up on our website until Deluxe started shipping. I've been pretty busy with Millennium Blades and Exceed at the moment, but I'll see if I can get some time to maybe putt it up a little early.

When I said "promo cards" I meant single card promos (the ones with green backs). The mini packs like Seven Sisters aren't promos nor do they contain promo cards. They are just like a mini expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kaplan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, that makes sense, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klune Olivares
Mexico
flag msg tools
Ithry wrote:
Approximate Card Contents List:
All cards are standard size (2.5X3.5 inches).

PT 1-5:
50 Hero Cards (each game)
2 Reference Cards (each game)
2 Blank Cards (each game)

PT DX:
58 PTDX Hero Cards (including reference cards and blanks)
40 Base Cards (for a variant mode)
68 Common Cards (Hero-only cards)
21 Outcasts Mini-pack (including cover, back, and HD Leader cards)
55 HD Leaders

Holiday, Myth, History Promo Pack:
24 Hero Cards

Company Promo Pack:
48 Hero Cards

The backs should all be identical, so you can use clear backs if you'd like.

Now with the Megaman's Pixel tactics You can't use clear back sleeves anymore : (

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.