Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Morasse
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if there is any advantages to win one of the 3 mini-games of the regular season? I haven't played the game yet but it seems like both players just play the game and go to the buy round!

Am I missing something? I know that winning games could give you home field advantage for the World Series but is it such a great advantage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you're not missing anything.

You could argue the mini game is for home field advantage though. That said, the rules mention the mini game as optional, and you can just do three buy rounds instead.

I think it's also good to go through it with new players as a type of tutorial too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sims
United States
Bryant
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
So much for Pathos...
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, when playing solo, playing the mini-games allows you to "scout" the AI team somewhat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very slight chance of getting a better free agent when you win games. Winner gets to choose first/second if buy points end up being equal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:
Very slight chance of getting a better free agent when you win games. Winner gets to choose first/second if buy points end up being equal.

No, the loser does.

Quote:
The player with the lowest total revenue decides who will buy first. If tied, the loser of the mini-game decides who buys first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.