Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Epic Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alex christodoulides
Cyprus
cyprus
flag msg tools
Hello Everyone

I have a few questions about some of the cards, and the recently released ruling do not help me much so here i go

1) Abilities with tribute and an alignment sign how do they work? For example the noble Unicorn; do i draw a card regardless if i use the ambush ability? A bit confusing here. I know the alignment sign requires me to play a 1 coin cost event/monster in order to use it

2) Angle of Mercy can get me units from the discard pile to the field, are these units ready as they had the Blits ability? Or should i wait a turn to use their abilities?

3) Does the Muse (blue card) allow me to draw an additional card during my turn? So 1 from turn and 1 from this card ability?

4) How does Turn (Blue) event card work? if i use it during my turn does the champion stays with me until it dies?

Thanks in advance
Alex
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally, read and use easy keyword separately.

1) Tribute applies when you play the card. Ambush changes the condition about when you can play the card. They are independent functions.

2) Champions entering play are only ready if they have blitz whether they are played from your hand or from your discard pile.

3) The card ability triggers at the "start" of your turn. If you play Muse, you will get the card draw at the beginning of your nest turn and every turn thereafter that in remains in play.

4) If it's your turn, you gain control of champion until it dies. If it's not your turn, you gain control for just one turn and then you lose control.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Newton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
alexw64u wrote:
Hello Everyone

I have a few questions about some of the cards, and the recently released ruling do not help me much so here i go

1) Abilities with tribute and an alignment sign how do they work? For example the noble Unicorn; do i draw a card regardless if i use the ambush ability? A bit confusing here. I know the alignment sign requires me to play a 1 coin cost event/monster in order to use it


Yes, the abilities are separate. All ambush means is that you CAN play it any time you play an event. It is in no way active or usable.

Tribute means "When you play this creature do this". So when you play the Noble Unicorn, you have to draw a card.

The ally ability (Good symbol) means "When you play a good event or champion that costs 1 gold, you do this". So after you play the Unicorn, if the Unicorn is still in play, any time you play another card that has a printed cost, in the upper right, of 1 coin, you must draw a card.

Quote:
2) Angle of Mercy can get me units from the discard pile to the field, are these units ready as they had the Blits ability? Or should i wait a turn to use their abilities?


Angel of Mercy does not give champions Blitz. Normally, the champion will enter play deploying and prepared. You will not be able to attack with it or expend it, but it can still block. If the champion she revives has Blitz on its own, it can still attack and expend.

Quote:
3) Does the Muse (blue card) allow me to draw an additional card during my turn? So 1 from turn and 1 from this card ability?


Yes, Muse gives you an extra draw. You get your normal draw and then you can also have Muse draw you a card.

Quote:
4) How does Turn (Blue) event card work? if i use it during my turn does the champion stays with me until it dies?

Thanks in advance
Alex


If you play it on your turn, you can chose to either use the first effect and get the champion with Blitz (so it can attack and expend immediately) but return it at the end of the turn OR you can get the creature permanently (until it leaves play for any reason), but it will be deploying and not able to attack or expend.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hodson
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Rulesjd wrote:

1) Tribute applies when you play the card. Ambush changes the condition about when you can play the card. They are independent functions.

Slight clarification: Tribute When a Champion with Tribute enters play, you gain the effect after the ->.
Rulesjd wrote:


2) Champions entering play are only ready if they have blitz whether they are played from your hand or from your discard pile.

If the Champion has a "Tribute -> Blitz" triggered ability it will gain Blitz when entering play in this way. Loyalty also triggers at this time but only gives effects if two allied cards can be shown.

A Champion without Blitz has to wait until it was in play on your side from the start of turn before being able to attack or use Expend abilities. Note that all actions that don't require expending the Champion can be played/triggered and static abilities come into effect immediately.

Note also that coming into play from a trigger that happens at the start of the turn does not count as "being in play on your side from the start of the turn".

Rulesjd wrote:

4) If it's your turn, you gain control of champion until it dies. If it's not your turn, you gain control for just one turn and then you lose control.

You can choose the temporary control option on your turn so that the Champion is prepared, gains Blitz and can thus attack or use an expend ability immediately.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex christodoulides
Cyprus
cyprus
flag msg tools
Hello Everyone

Thank you for the replays, i got most of them right in our play through but what confused us was the tribute and/or alignment sign on the cards.So basically whenever i play such a card i will get the tribute effect immediately and when i play a 1 coin cost card a get the same effect a second time. Is my understanding correct?

thanks
Alex
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nándor Gáspár
Hungary
Budapest
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:
3) The card ability triggers at the "start" of your turn. If you play Muse, you will get the card draw at the beginning of your nest turn and every turn thereafter that in remains in play.


Note: the draw with Muse is optional.

Rulesjd wrote:
4) If it's your turn, you gain control of champion until it dies. If it's not your turn, you gain control for just one turn and then you lose control.


Note: if it's your turn, you can still choose the first ability of the card.

Examples:
- on your turn you choose to gain control of an opponents champion, prepare it gain blitz -> you can attack with it.
At the end of the turn it goes back to the opponents side (unless it is broken)
- you choose to gain control of your own expanded champion (this won't do anything), and prepare it and gain blitz. So you can attack again or use expand ability.

alexw64u wrote:
Hello Everyone

Thank you for the replays, i got most of them right in our play through but what confused us was the tribute and/or alignment sign on the cards.So basically whenever i play such a card i will get the tribute effect immediately and when i play a 1 coin cost card a get the same effect a second time. Is my understanding correct?

thanks
Alex


Correct!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Havelock Vetinari
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ydnad wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
4) If it's your turn, you gain control of champion until it dies. If it's not your turn, you gain control for just one turn and then you lose control.


Note: if it's your turn, you can still choose the first ability of the card.

Examples:
- on your turn you choose to gain control of an opponents champion, prepare it gain blitz -> you can attack with it.
At the end of the turn it goes back to the opponents side (unless it is broken)
- you choose to gain control of your own expanded champion (this won't do anything), and prepare it and gain blitz. So you can attack again or use expand ability.


Wait. What? How?

How can you gain control of a champion you already have under your control? It doesn't seem right.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jambosson wrote:
Ydnad wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
4) If it's your turn, you gain control of champion until it dies. If it's not your turn, you gain control for just one turn and then you lose control.


Note: if it's your turn, you can still choose the first ability of the card.

Examples:
- on your turn you choose to gain control of an opponents champion, prepare it gain blitz -> you can attack with it.
At the end of the turn it goes back to the opponents side (unless it is broken)
- you choose to gain control of your own expanded champion (this won't do anything), and prepare it and gain blitz. So you can attack again or use expand ability.


Wait. What? How?

How can you gain control of a champion you already have under your control? It doesn't seem right.


But it works. Otherwise, the card would read something like "Gain control of target champion you don't control."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Jambosson wrote:
Ydnad wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
4) If it's your turn, you gain control of champion until it dies. If it's not your turn, you gain control for just one turn and then you lose control.


Note: if it's your turn, you can still choose the first ability of the card.

Examples:
- on your turn you choose to gain control of an opponents champion, prepare it gain blitz -> you can attack with it.
At the end of the turn it goes back to the opponents side (unless it is broken)
- you choose to gain control of your own expanded champion (this won't do anything), and prepare it and gain blitz. So you can attack again or use expand ability.


Wait. What? How?

How can you gain control of a champion you already have under your control? It doesn't seem right.


Any champion is a legal target. The "gain control" part will fail, since you already have control. You then follow the rest of the instructions normally.

Sometimes a target is legal for an effect, but you can't follow the instructions of the effect completely. You just do what you can.

Ian Taylor
Rules Manager
White Wizard Games
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Havelock Vetinari
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for clarification. I am not used to read further if I am not able to follow the first part of the instructions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.