Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: Pledgeing 1 dollar rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D.

Gunnison
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmb
Question, I saw that if you pledge 1 dollar you can still add "addons" to your game....does this include the base game plus stretch goals?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It specifically says you do not get the stretch goals if you do just the $1 and buy some addons.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that if you pledge $1 now and then increase to $110 in the pledge manager for the base game you will get stretch goals.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not expert but I think Terah might not be correct. I think you MIGHT actually have to hit the proper radio button as well. It seems likely that if you manage your pledge and add a bunch of money that CMON would be able to figure it out and honor the amount. I have a recollection that KickStarter used to be pretty particular about this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keusch
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
badge
It's hard to remember we're alive for the first time. It's hard to remember we're alive for the last time.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I am not expert but I think Terah might not be correct. I think you MIGHT actually have to hit the proper radio button as well. It seems likely that if you manage your pledge and add a bunch of money that CMON would be able to figure it out and honor the amount. I have a recollection that KickStarter used to be pretty particular about this.


it depends on the project. Projects that use pledge managers collect the kickstarter funds and then use a third party website to allow users to manage what they want. That way with add ons and shipping and everything it doesn't get insane on the kickstarter website with them having to update it all the time, and it generally allows people to pledge any amount now and then up it to a full pledge later, charging them the difference.

For projects without pledge managers you'd be right, but if they are going to use a pledge manager it would be highly odd for them not to let you upgrade
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D.

Gunnison
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah I was hoping to pledge 1 dollar to hold my spot in line, and then update to the 110.00 plua dump in monies for addons.
I know CMON has supported this feature for their kickstarters, but they are pretty much a juggernaught when it comes to kickstarters.

Oh well, if its not supported by ares I can let it go, but the game does look pretty cool.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shakka
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you can, but this wont help us get the stretch goals and should really only be done if you cant afford the pledge now in any way.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shakalaka wrote:
Maybe you can, but this wont help us get the stretch goals and should really only be done if you cant afford the pledge now in any way.


Only if you are driven by "getting another extra card or figure". Not everyone is, and some KSs are actually to genuinely fund a project rather than a pre-order system for games that you know are going to be produced.
A lot of these "extra figures" will probably never get used by a significant number of gamers.

I used to pick the final level straight away but $1 is a small loss if I decide to back out at the Pledge Manager stage due to circumstances, a better use of funds, or simply changing my mind about a game.

The close of the Pledge Manager can be one or two months later at very least.

If the option is given then "should really only" is nothing of the sort
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shakka
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My opinion varies... And the goals all add content, not just unusable minis.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Hexx
Sweden
flag msg tools
Mike is correct that the project page indeed says:

Ares wrote:
No stretch goals are included in the Supporter level rewards.


But I don't understand how that makes sense with this:

Ares wrote:
Most stretch goals apply only to the Kickstarter Edition, but some of our achievements will also improve the regular retail version of the game.


The description for the $1 pledge also says that you can choose to include add-ons in the pledge manager, but it doesn't actually mention the core game. This is confusing. Can you or can you not get the core game in the pledge manager? Or is that "no SGs" quote just a really awkward way of clarifying that you don't get a bunch of free minis with no shipping cost for $1?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I recall, and I have not done any research, the base game is not an add-on. So no base game at the $1 level UNLESS there is a pledge manager. That still will not guarantee stretch goals.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you pledge $ 1, you will be able to raise the amount to 110 using the Pledge Manager.
This is addressed in the project FAQ but apparently nobody reads it :-)

Q: If I pledge $1 (or other small amount) during the campaign, may I still use the pledge manager?

A: Yes. You can pledge any amount for "No reward" during the campaign, or pledge at the "Supporter" level. Then, you may increase your pledge using the Pledge Manager, after the Kickstarter ends, to be entitled to receive rewards. Note that Early Bird discounts cannot be applied to late backers.


"Stretch goals not included" is specified to make sure that people pledging one dollar as supporters are not receiving any stuff which is free for "normal" backers - unless they become a normal backer, of course (during the KS or with the Pledge manager)
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Hexx
Sweden
flag msg tools
cybernex wrote:
If you pledge $ 1, you will be able to raise the amount to 110 using the Pledge Manager.
This is addressed in the project FAQ but apparently nobody reads it :-)
But it's at the very bottom of the page, we always forget that it's there! Jokes aside, thanks for the clarificaiton. I really want to support this game but just can't with my money situation this month, so being allowed to do it at a later date is great news.

martimer wrote:
As I recall, and I have not done any research, the base game is not an add-on. So no base game at the $1 level UNLESS there is a pledge manager. That still will not guarantee stretch goals.
Really don't know why you thought it appropriate to go for snarky sarcasm when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hexxproof wrote:
martimer wrote:
As I recall, and I have not done any research, the base game is not an add-on. So no base game at the $1 level UNLESS there is a pledge manager. That still will not guarantee stretch goals.
Really don't know why you thought it appropriate to go for snarky sarcasm when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't read any "snarky sarcasm" in martimer's reply. I think you've just fallen for the old "misinterpreted text on the internet" problem.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D.

Gunnison
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah I agree didnt get any sarcasm from his post either. I appreciate everyones comments, I for one am stoked I can do this, I missed out on the blood rage ks, as well as missed the opportunity to late pledge. So I embrace the opportunity to get my foot in the door so im not dining on a plate of woeful regrets when the game ships to backers.
I see points to both arguments about unlocking stretch goals, and how a backer pulling a pledge can relock some stretch goals, particulary if there was a mass exodus. I also see the pount of exclusivity of new content. Im just happy that I have the chance to up my pledge amount so I can grab this game with thd rest of you all.

In the past how consistent is ares in opening up the pledge manager post ks, and for how long?

Are they fairly consistent with projected release dates?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sanderlin
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Hexxproof wrote:
cybernex wrote:
If you pledge $ 1, you will be able to raise the amount to 110 using the Pledge Manager.
This is addressed in the project FAQ but apparently nobody reads it :-)
But it's at the very bottom of the page, we always forget that it's there! Jokes aside, thanks for the clarificaiton. I really want to support this game but just can't with my money situation this month, so being allowed to do it at a later date is great news.

martimer wrote:
As I recall, and I have not done any research, the base game is not an add-on. So no base game at the $1 level UNLESS there is a pledge manager. That still will not guarantee stretch goals.
Really don't know why you thought it appropriate to go for snarky sarcasm when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.


I confirmed this with Ares by asking on the comments. They responded Yes, you can add the base game in (with all KS items) and referred me to the FAQ. The FAQ is a little wonky in its wording (hence the confusion) but at least it's official. Us poor people now, spending spree later folks are safe!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trading Yesterday wrote:
In the past how consistent is ares in opening up the pledge manager post ks, and for how long?


They usually open the pledge manager within a month or so, if memory serves. I think for GD it was open for a couple months total.

Trading Yesterday wrote:
Are they fairly consistent with projected release dates?


They were five months late for both GD Kickstarters, but their estimate on this one is a lot more conservative (second GD Kickstarter was estimated for 8 months after pledges were collected, and ended up being 13; this project is estimating 12 months).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
Trading Yesterday wrote:
In the past how consistent is ares in opening up the pledge manager post ks, and for how long?


They usually open the pledge manager within a month or so, if memory serves. I think for GD it was open for a couple months total.

Trading Yesterday wrote:
Are they fairly consistent with projected release dates?


They were five months late for both GD Kickstarters, but their estimate on this one is a lot more conservative (second GD Kickstarter was estimated for 8 months after pledges were collected, and ended up being 13; this project is estimating 12 months).


Which is pretty good for a company using KS to create a game and not a pre-order system like that other miniature company mentioned in this thread. devil
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We will do our best to respect the delivery date, by the way the 2 most important things for us (Gremlins) and Ares are:

1) Keep the quality at the top notch for all contents, starting from miniatures to cards and punchboards, so you will never see a 1mm token in our game

2) Deliver all the physical contents at the same time, because you must enjoy the full game experience as a backer. We strongly believe that deliver part of the stuff 6 or more months later the base game can ruin part of the overall experience.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was no snarkiness intended. I did manage to pre-address the yet to be posted chastisement about not reading the FAC.whistle

Please note that I am quite often capable of snarkiness but try to make it obvious. I have also chastised those who do not perform even rudimentary research and sit before the tribunal with my admitted laziness in this instance as a defense.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.