Michael Bevilacqua
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you draw a Yellow/Income and Black/Debt cube triggering the Early Repayments result, can you spend those cubes? And if you do, do you avoid the cuts that the Black/Debt cube would have caused?

I believe the answer to both of these questions is yes. Just looking for conformation.

Thanks.

edit: Typos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerMike wrote:
When you draw a Yellow/Income and Black/Debt cube triggering the Early Repayments result, can you spend those cubes? And if you do, do you avoid the cuts that the Black/Debt cube would have caused?

The sequence of events is:

- Resolve Event
- Perform Cuts
- Optionally Fund Institutions or Bank in Treasury

If you choose to take the Early Repayment option, then you Spend the yellow cube to Remove the black cube, which results in neither cube remaining in the Current box... so when you get to Perform Cuts, there's no single black cube so there's no cuts - and when you get to Fund Institutions there's no yellow cube, so you can't fund anything.

If you choose not to take the Early Repayment option, then both cubes remain in the Current box. So in the cuts phase you have to perform cuts (because there's a single black cube and a cube of another colour) meaning you cut either Private Investment or Social Welfare, since those are the ones with the Black/Yellow combination on. And then in the Fund step you can use the yellow cube to fund an institution of your choice or place the yellow cube in the Treasury if you so wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Herman
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A closely related question:

Can I use the "Early Repayments" option and use a yellow cube from the treasury for the repayments, and then use the yellow cube I just drew to fund an institution?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Young, rich and sexy wrote:

Can I use the "Early Repayments" option and use a yellow cube from the treasury for the repayments, and then use the yellow cube I just drew to fund an institution?

Yes. If you look in the rules for 'Spend', it says you may remove the cube from the Treasury or the Current area - so if you remove it from the Treasury, you still have the one in the Current area to fund an institution with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bichatse wrote:
Young, rich and sexy wrote:

Yes. If you look in the rules for 'Spend', it says you may remove the cube from the Treasury or the Current area - so if you remove it from the Treasury, you still have the one in the Current area to fund an institution with.

Just wanted to highlight this point - it seems the most critical method for winning and easily overlooked as an option. Using a Treasury yellow cube that ideally you got on Employment income to remove a black when it's drawn with another yellow, you're able to get ahead of the curve; removing a black with no cost to yellows in your bag. Still haven't won yet though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.