Subject: Ever seen a worse box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Volker Kleinschmidt
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I just unpacked my Rio Grande English version Hacienda, and am apalled at how badly the box is designed - there's simply no logical way to fit the many chips into the many pockets the box has, and due to the many small pockets you can't just use baggies either. Are others seeing this the same way? I can't find any previous comments about it. And does the German Hans Im Glück version suffer from the same problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
From what I recall (it's been a while since I played Hacienda) neither HiG nor the 999 Games edition have problematic inlays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vkleinschmidt wrote:
I can't find any previous comments about it.

Released 10 years ago and you can't find other negative comments? I didn't look to verify, but instead browsed the image gallery.

is this what you have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Boyle
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just threw out the insert and put pieces in bags - there is more than enough room for everything. I put a separate bag for each color's pieces (not including land tiles) so that we can just pull out as many as are needed, and that saves a bit of time. But yes, I do seem to recall that the insert was pretty terrible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.