Popular Tags: photos [+] [View All]
Stephen Roney
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was trying to look at Evo to evaluate my wants for the big math trade currently going on. Most of the pictures on the main page had customized pieces, so I went to the gallery and selected the "Components" tage, and STILL the first listed pictures had customized pieces.

I think that Customized and Components should be mutually exclusive tags. Anything I see under the Components tag should be what comes in some version of the game.

Am I wrong in thinking this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Petro
United States
INDIAN TRAIL
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dipdragon wrote:
Personally, I'd rather see just true, out of the box, components for the Components category, but this is a minority opinion on BGG.

I'm with you. Most of my image categorization gets one and only one category. Anything not in the box is customized.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
I might be able to add some unions and intersections of the categories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Roney
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dipdragon wrote:
There are strong opinions on both sides of this argument. Personally, I'd rather see just true, out of the box, components for the Components category, but this is a minority opinion on BGG.

I see little point in having the components tag if you can't use it to get rid of customized pieces. I guess it gets rid of box covers and random pictures of cats in boxes, etc, and MAYBE long shots of people playing the game.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sroney wrote:
I guess it gets rid of box covers and random pictures of cats in boxes, etc, and MAYBE long shots of people playing the game.....

Sadly, there are many pictures that get tagged "components" if they have ANY part of the game in them (customized, pizza, cat, in play, ect.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Roney
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aarontu wrote:
sroney wrote:
I guess it gets rid of box covers and random pictures of cats in boxes, etc, and MAYBE long shots of people playing the game.....

Sadly, there are many pictures that get tagged "components" if they have ANY part of the game in them (customized, pizza, cat, in play, ect.)

I will admit to tagging pictures "components" and "play" if it is a reasonably close shot concentrating on the board in play. but not with Customized pieces.

And I suppose, even if the "components" help text was modified to indicate that it should be the original board and/or components, the photos in question might still have gotten both tags, since they had customized pieces on the original board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Hansson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sroney wrote:
I was trying to look at Evo to evaluate my wants for the big math trade currently going on. Most of the pictures on the main page had customized pieces, so I went to the gallery and selected the "Components" tage, and STILL the first listed pictures had customized pieces.

I think that Customized and Components should be mutually exclusive tags. Anything I see under the Components tag should be what comes in some version of the game.

Am I wrong in thinking this?

I completely agree! See this thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1275220#1275220

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.