Subject: a suggestion for the bounty issue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I wasn't born ! I sprang from the forhead of God , as he contemplated a particularly vile joke !
badge
I wasn't born , I was hatched in the deepest darkest part of the ocean , and raised by sharks !
mbmbmbmbmb
i have seen posts about the bounty issue that has arrisen from the new packs and the lacking frontier chart , but to be honest , this page and the other pages and web groups for this game are a bit too active for me to keep up with all of them , so i skim when i have a bit of time .

so if this has been suggested before , i appologize for wasting your time .

also , i am a horrible speller , AND several of the letters have worn off of my keyboard , so get used to it .

my suggestion is to give a $5 bounty on EVERY creature killed , and each person who owns the game makes a chart listing all the monsters they own , with the biggest ones at the bottom . players may roll as normal to see if special bounties are available on the chart using to following pay scale.

if the game used the minor threat level for its posse level , then all the monsters on 30mm bases count as $10 , the 40mm based monsters count as $15 , the 60mm based monsters count as $400 .

if the game used the medium threat level for its posse level , then all the monsters on 30mm bases count as $20 , the 40mm based monsters count as $25 , the 60mm based monsters count as $300 .

if the game used the high threat level for its posse level , then all the monsters on 30mm bases count as $10 , the 40mm based monsters count as $35 , the 60mm based monsters count as $200 .

if the game used the brutal threat level for its posse level , then all the monsters on 30mm bases count as $30 , the 40mm based monsters count as $45 , the 60mm based monsters count as $600.

thoughts ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems a bit excessive, especially for the 60mm guys. Money is fairly tight in the game in general (at least in my experience) and I suspect this would unbalance things a bit. There's already plenty of talk about how easy the game gets at higher character levels. I imagine at least some of that is because of the items you can buy as you save up your hard-earned cash. If you make it that much easier to buy some of those more advanced/powerful items earlier, I think it might just serve to make the difficulty curve even flatter than it was before.

Perhaps instead you could make a 2D6 bounty table to roll on if the 1D6 table in town doesn't cover all of the monsters you have available. I think in the past when I have taken a bounty, I make about $100-300 off it. I think your system would certainly increase the payout, but I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I wasn't born ! I sprang from the forhead of God , as he contemplated a particularly vile joke !
badge
I wasn't born , I was hatched in the deepest darkest part of the ocean , and raised by sharks !
mbmbmbmbmb
Snardo wrote:
Seems a bit excessive, especially for the 60mm guys. Money is fairly tight in the game in general (at least in my experience) and I suspect this would unbalance things a bit. There's already plenty of talk about how easy the game gets at higher character levels. I imagine at least some of that is because of the items you can buy as you save up your hard-earned cash. If you make it that much easier to buy some of those more advanced/powerful items earlier, I think it might just serve to make the difficulty curve even flatter than it was before.

Perhaps instead you could make a 2D6 bounty table to roll on if the 1D6 table in town doesn't cover all of the monsters you have available. I think in the past when I have taken a bounty, I make about $100-300 off it. I think your system would certainly increase the payout, but I'm not sure that's a good thing.

the first many games we played were only 2-3 characters in the possee , and it was tough to get any cash or gear , but we discovered over the last few that when you have a full party of 6 characters , you wipe out the loot deack several times a game , meaning that LOTS of gear and artifacts are given out , even for low level posse's that can either be used or sold . we are talking about modifying the loot deck accordingly .

by doing that the extra cash that comes in would be spent mostly on things like herbs , and other lower level items to keep the party alive since they wont be walking around like tanks .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.