Popular Tags: [View All]
Zain Hamzah
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Perseketuan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanna check with you all which 7 player setup would be better initially? Which Hemisphere should be 6, which at 8?
I remember for the core game, 4 players was Western at 3, Eastern at 5 for first few games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
Sylverphyre wrote:
Just wanna check with you all which 7 player setup would be better initially? Which Hemisphere should be 6, which at 8?
I remember for the core game, 4 players was Western at 3, Eastern at 5 for first few games.

Because there's so many players, there is not a preferential setup for 7 player maps.

For the 4 player we only recommend 3-West, 5-East if you're playing with the four core factions. This is because if you flip it, Cthulhu has a LOT of areas by himself, whereas Yellow, Blue, and Red are squeezed together. That makes for a fun game if you're experienced, but not so much if you're learning.

But, if you are on the earth map, with, saying, Cthulhu, Opener, Sleeper, and Windwalker, you very well may want to put it as 5-West, 3-East, even though it's 4 players. Make sense?

The bottom line, with 7 players you have a lot of guys all over the place and it just doesn't matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arthur, I have a few qs related to 6p games:

How chaotic is a 6-7 player game? My game group is normally 5-6 so I was looking at grabbing the North America 6p map.

Is downtime an issue?

How long are normal 6p games?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.