Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Abercrombie
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just purchased 2 additional sets so I can do constructed and cube draft. Many times our draft will just be 2 or 3. Anyone see a downside of having the draft pool be the entire cube? The rules states for 8 players.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
geneaber wrote:
I just purchased 2 additional sets so I can do constructed and cube draft. Many times our draft will just be 2 or 3. Anyone see a downside of having the draft pool be the entire cube? The rules states for 8 players.

Thanks!

Only that you've gotta shuffle it I think it would make it pretty exciting when you see some of those cool red gem cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've done a full Cube draft with 2 and 3 players. Only thing was the size of the deck of commons. Lots to shuffle. Like graylag says, fun when you see some of the cool rares pop up..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
I still love the overall power level of commons vs rares. The biggest thing has always seemed the number of 0 costs are at Rare.

I am unsure which forum it was in, but the draft strategy as well as the keepable starting hand should be looked at after your first go. It helps build your understanding of the game, and by extension, your enjoyment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Abercrombie
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The balance of 1 vs. 0 costs cards is my concern with the large draft pool and small number of players. Maybe I need to sort them by cost and then create a draft pool of 30 cards per player with the correct ratio of 1 vs. 0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have 3 copies and the promos and would like to know what is your favourite way of playing Epic for 2-3 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.