Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A client of mine wanted the monster bases from his Kingdom Death set to more closely match the awesome setting in the plane of faces. He also requested places that he could make into lava or little streams of blood (especially blood flowing out of a mouth that the Butcher is standing on).

Here are the greens for these bases. He'll be painting all of these himself, so my work here is done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lawton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [commission] Bases for the Monsters on the Plain of Faces
Absolutely brillian work!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Buckley
msg tools
This is finished? Those still look a little rough. Might I suggest at least cleaning up all the places where the greenstuff has spilled down onto the sides of the base insert? I think it would add quite a bit to the presentation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you do the faces

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Handley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be adding some to my bases using this kit http://elementgames.co.uk/paints-hobby-and-scenery-by-manufa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bases do need to be painted up to really work, but I've now seen them at least with an undercoat on them, and they ended up coming out pretty clean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And here's a second set of them. The main themes were the same, but this time less rivers of blood/lava.

The white lion is on a the "plain of feet." This is a little call out to one of the hunt events- it can result in almost nothing happening, but it might end with the party finding the bottom of the world and falling (upwards) to their deaths.

I did a different composition this time, but I still used the concept of the acanthus plant growing out of a cracked stone face.

The butcher, Kingsman and the Hand are on graduating bases (the Kings Hand wasn't glued onto the base at the time I took these photographs). I really feel that these ones are a good baseline for that the plain of faces looks like.

The Watcher and Phoenix weren't completely assembled (just enough to get them centered on their bases). I decided to create a cracked base, maybe from an earthquake or some other monumental event that acts as a harbinger for the Watcher's arrival.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WolfVonhinslik wrote:
How did you do the faces

I made casts of my 3 year old daughter's dolls for some of them.

Others were casts of faces I use for cake toppers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.