Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne Hulek
United States
Galloway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I created an insert accommodating the 1910 expansion cards, sleeved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you make it? I've seen a few of these custom inserts for various games but I can't figure out how to do it myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garner

Summerville
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job, I need to make one for mine. Made one for King of Tokyo that holds all the expansions. Turned out great. Foam core is wonderful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hulek
United States
Galloway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks William! I would love to see a photo of your King of Tokyo insert!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hulek
United States
Galloway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's a little hard to explain without a visual as there are some tricks and techniques that you would find helpful. However, I use foam core board. You can pick up a sheet at a craft store like AC Moore. Walmart sells them however because they are not always stored properly the boards can be warped. I would recommend a metal ruler, "better" quality x-acto knife, white glue, small pins, and a craft cutting board. You can skip the craft cutting board for now, (just don't cut on your dining room table, lol!). Once you make the "box" it becomes a little puzzle trying to determine how to fit all the components. It's important to leave room at the top for the game board! Remember, the first insert is always going to be the hardest. It becomes easier and your finished boxes will get better and better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garner

Summerville
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go Wayne. It was fun to do. I need to make more for other games soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heisey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently trying to figure out a storage solution, as I just bought map pack 2 (my first map pack). I'd like to fit it all in one box. I've considered foam core.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hulek
United States
Galloway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
WOW! Just awesome my friend!! Nice job!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hulek
United States
Galloway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Jeremy,

Are you using the cards the game came with or did you upgrade to the 1910 expansion? Does the map expansion you just purchased consist of one board, (Switzerland on one side and India on the other)? I ask because you might be able to fit both boards in the box. If you like you may send me the width of your new board folded and I will be happy to give you my two cents ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.