Hide
8 Posts

Vs System 2PCG: The Marvel Battles» Forums » Rules

Subject: no front row characters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
an an
msg tools
if both players have no front row characters but have back row characters. can the 2 back row characters hit each other?

supposing i have a melee at back row and the enemy has a ranged at back row. can he attack me? if so, can i hit back considering im only a melee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Blom
msg tools
arikado wrote:
if both players have no front row characters but have back row characters. can the 2 back row characters hit each other?

Only range characters can attack from back row, no matter if there are front row enemies or not.

arikado wrote:
supposing i have a melee at back row and the enemy has a ranged at back row. can he attack me? if so, can i hit back considering im only a melee

He can attack you, you can not strike back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Smith
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that right? If you only have one row, it's the front row by default, isn't it? If that is in fact the case, then these attacks are all melee attacks and everybody hits everybody. The back row only technically exists once you have characters in a front row to protect it. Normally, with no special keywords involved you can only attack the enemy front row characters until they're all stunned. Once they're stunned, then you can attack straight into the back row as they are now exposed as the current front row for the duration of that combat. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Blom
msg tools
billdo75 wrote:
Is that right? If you only have one row, it's the front row by default, isn't it?

Why should you only have one row? There will always be both rows, no matter how many characters you control. You can decide in which row you place them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ruegg
New Zealand
flag msg tools
billdo75 wrote:
Is that right? If you only have one row, it's the front row by default, isn't it? If that is in fact the case, then these attacks are all melee attacks and everybody hits everybody. The back row only technically exists once you have characters in a front row to protect it. Normally, with no special keywords involved you can only attack the enemy front row characters until they're all stunned. Once they're stunned, then you can attack straight into the back row as they are now exposed as the current front row for the duration of that combat. Thoughts?

This is correct. Until two rows exist, eg, 2 characters, 1 in each row, then there are no rows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Blom
msg tools
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1423065/combat-question

Quote Kenneth:
This is not true, the rows are constant and not dependent on characters like in the old vs system, so if you have 1 character in the back row and nothing else than it is still in the back row for effects like range and namor's invade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirkwb
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
actionmahon wrote:
This is correct. Until two rows exist, eg, 2 characters, 1 in each row, then there are no rows.

This is not correct, there are always two rows, and you should be communicating which row a single character, or row of characters are in to your opponent during the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff P
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkwb wrote:
there are always two rows, and you should be communicating which row a single character, or row of characters are in to your opponent during the game.

This is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.