Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric T
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys and gals, I just started playing SC and have a couple of questions about keeping cards and HP -

I am playing all 4 roles and started the Crossfire mission -

1) When I purchase cards from the Black Market Deck during Scene 1 , do I get to keep those through Scene 2 and 3? Basically through the whole mission? I understand there is a special chance to purchase cards after Scene 1 also. So each runner would keep all the cards they bought through the mission's end.

2)HP - it says after Scene 1 on the same mission , Crossfire, that each runner heals 1 HP, so am I to assume wherever your life points and money end on the Scene, it stays that way going into Scene 2 ? Meaning , I don't reset all runners health / money / cards back to the start point?

I hope I expalined that right, but I'm confused on it and I did look through the forums and didn;t really see a solid answer.

Any help would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) You keep cards purchased for the whole mission, i.e. all 3 scenes.

2) You don't reset your health. Just play it like it reads "Heal 1 HP". So if you have 2 HPs left, you heal 1 so now you're at 3 when you start the next scene.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Cant
England
Retford, Notts
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added clarification:

During your draw & buy step you may buy as many cards as you can afford, adding them to your hand (excepting karma upgrades) flipping new cards once you have bought. So each time you have the 6 minimum cards to choose from.

After the scene ends (true for scenes 1 & 2):
Every runner heals 1 HP (if they were staggered they also draw 2 cards)
Place the current crossfire event card from the top of the deck to the bottom. Don't draw a new one.
Each runner gets to buy from the black market - the runner to the left of the runner who just finished their turn may purchase 1 card from the black market. Then you go around the runners each may buy 1 card finishing with the runner who just finished their turn.

You start the next scene with the next runner - dealing out the prescribed obstacles. If that runner isn't the starting runner you don't replace the crossfire event card.

If you get to the end of the BM you do not reshuffle it. (I've only done this in the drago fight)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic, thank you both very much.

Does it say anywhere in the rule book that your cards/deck carry over from scene to scene throughout the mission?

I know it says you start each new mission with the base set cards and any upgrades, but I didn't see anything on keeping the cards you purchased throught the Black Market in your deck to the next scene.

Again, both of you helped me out a lot, thank you again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ET11 wrote:

Does it say anywhere in the rule book that your cards/deck carry over from scene to scene throughout the mission?

I know it says you start each new mission with the base set cards and any upgrades, but I didn't see anything on keeping the cards you purchased throught the Black Market in your deck to the next scene.

It doesn't say it explicitly anywhere I could find, but it doesn't say something like "at the end of the scene, discard cards bought from the Black Market". I think you're overthinking it. Read the rules literally. If the rules don't say to reset your HP, then why would you? If the rules don't say to discard, why would you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
ET11 wrote:

"Scene" is a fluid term in Shadowrun Crossfire. At its core, it is a way of defining when certain Karma upgrade abilities that trigger once per scene become available again. Beyond that, scenes serve different functions in different scenarios.

In a Crossfire mission, it is a break in the action, your character patches themselves up a little (heal 1 HP), prepares a bit of equipment they've been saving (buy a card) and then you tackle the next wave of obstacles.

One mission is one game of Shadowrun Crossfire. Just like other deck building games, you work with the same deck until you reach the end of the game. Otherwise, it would be like starting with a new basic deck of cards in Dominion whenever one stack of cards was completely bought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like sound advice! Thank you once again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want to thank you guy's who posted yesterday to help explain these rules.....my games went quicker and the team played awesome.....until Scene 3 of Crossfire......just destroyed

I played Ambulators to get started and had no trouble what so ever, then the first 2 Scenes of Crossfire were almost text book wins, but whatever happened...........Scene 3 lost the team, I'd rather not discuss.....

But it was good fun and will try again! Thank you for the help once again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.