Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's that time again! We need playtesters for the Smash Up expansion that will appear in the Fall of 2016! (As normal, but not as with the last two expansions, the theme of this expansion is not public knowledge.)

The timing for this will be tight. The testing will start next week, and must end by Jan. 1, giving us 9 weeks. These are the requirements for a playtest team:

1. Up to 6 or so players willing to playtest regularly.

2. Reading and writing comprehension of English.

3. An awareness that playtesting is different from normal play: the cards are print-and-play, they are in rough form and will need improvement, etc.

4. Playtest sessions each week. You don't need each person at each session, but your team needs to play each week. Note: It is important that your team can test during the end-of-year holiday break as well.

5. Reports of your playtest sessions, giving both objective stats and subjective judgements.

6. A sense of fun, friendliness, and fair play.

Let me know right away if you are interested. If you are from a team that has playtested in the past, go ahead and email me directly. If not, send me a GeekMail about your interest -- click on the envelope icon above my avatar to the left -- and include "Smash Up playtest" in the subject line of the GeekMail. I will then respond with further instructions.

This call will probably end quickly, judging by past experience, so be decisive!

Edit: THE CALL IS NOW CLOSED.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Matteo
msg tools
mbmb
Re: CALL FOR PLAYTESTERS for the Smash Up Fall 2016 expansion
Already replied. Hope to see you again for SU10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Roy
United States
Woodside
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already replied to your email Bryan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CQ
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Messaged! Hopefully there's still room for new play testers =).

EDIT: wording

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have had a lot of veteran teams sign up for this tour as well, so the queries I got in the past day will more than fill our roster. The call is closed.

Having made a query and gotten my response is not a guarantee you will be accepted. It will be first come, first served as far as the new teams are concerned. Not only is this fair, but the diligence and accuracy in applying for playtesting has been a good indicator of the team's diligence while actually playtesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.