Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Duel Masters Trading Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Which set to buy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that most cards have dropped considerably in value, at least in Italy. Is this the case for English cards?

I'm about to buy a very inexpensive display box of booster packs and I have a choice:

DM-01 base set
DM-02 Evo Crushinators of Doom
DM-04 Shadowcash of Blinding night (in english)

Which one would you recommend?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that Evocrushinators of Doom and Shadowclash of Blinding Light are not core sets, they do not have as many cards as the base set so you will end up with a lot more doubles. However, there are some really cool cards in these sets, especially the evolution cards.

I would recommend buying all of them, but if you have to buy just one, then stick with Base set for a wider spread of cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rook96 wrote:
Note that Evocrushinators of Doom and Shadowclash of Blinding Light are not core sets, they do not have as many cards as the base set so you will end up with a lot more doubles. However, there are some really cool cards in these sets, especially the evolution cards.

I would recommend buying all of them, but if you have to buy just one, then stick with Base set for a wider spread of cards.


Thanks! The Lack of evolution cards would suck though...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So in the end I bought the base set as was advised (36€). If I like the game I'll buy one of the other two... or both
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thegrinder wrote:
So in the ned I bought the base set as was advised (36€). If I like the game I'll buy one of the other two... or both

Duel Masters is my all time favourite CCG/TCG. It combines all of my favourite things, plus deck building is fun. I hope you enjoy it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first game and it was pretty lukewarm... The mechanics are solid. They make for fast and interesting gameplay.

The cards however are terrible... Very boring, even the rares and super rares I found...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thegrinder wrote:
I played my first game and it was pretty lukewarm... The mechanics are solid. They make for fast and interesting gameplay.

The cards however are terrible... Very boring, even the rares and super rares I found...

The first set is very vanilla, but as you add cards from the other sets they compliment them well. The core set cards are still valuable as you get new cards, as they tend to have the strongest stats even though they have the least effects. Even just adding Evo Crushinators of Doom greatly increases the enjoyment.

If you can ever find it, Stomp-A-Trons of Invincible Wrath was the next core set and has a really great balance of interesting cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rook96 wrote:
thegrinder wrote:
I played my first game and it was pretty lukewarm... The mechanics are solid. They make for fast and interesting gameplay.

The cards however are terrible... Very boring, even the rares and super rares I found...

The first set is very vanilla, but as you add cards from the other sets they compliment them well. The core set cards are still valuable as you get new cards, as they tend to have the strongest stats even though they have the least effects. Even just adding Evo Crushinators of Doom greatly increases the enjoyment.

If you can ever find it, Stomp-A-Trons of Invincible Wrath was the next core set and has a really great balance of interesting cards.


Thank you
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.