Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I received the following clarifications:

- For 4 players, there is high chance to be 1 vs 3, and small chance it will become 2 vs 2.

- Falcon Messenger: "attackers cannot attack you" ability is used only in the final showdown.

- Frozen Witch: Player can say "No" to Frozen Witch. Frozen Witch can only ask someone who has "revealed" rune(s)

- Martyr's Cape: the tile underneath cannot be given to other players by abilities. It can be checked by certain abilities. If the Cape itself is given away, the tile underneath will go with the Cape (remaining under the Cape)

- Shadow Master is the only face-down character that can reveal himself and use his ability.

- If the ring is revealed on a turn after the Shadow Master is revealed, the ring will fly to Shadow Master (even if under Martyr's Cape), and Shadow Master can use the ring right away.

- For now, the Shadow Master is the only "Defender" in the end battles.

- Discard all committed troop cards at the end of a battle, including those in the winning column.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SC
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you Anthony, I am going to play it tonight and was worried about the lack of corruption symbols on the cards for 4 players! Hopefully I'll get to play it with more than 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Conolly
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played out first game last night and someone was the Falcon Messenger.

I don't get the ability "Attackers cannot Attack you". You are only 'attacked' if you're the Shadow Master. So if you're the Falcon / Shadow Master player does that mean you automatically win the game?!

We also played that you could give Runes to the Frozen Witch even if still hidden.

It seems an interesting game - but my group was a little dismayed at the lack of clarity on some of the cards and some ambiguous phrasing in the rules. An FAQ is definitely needed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony L.
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fconolly wrote:
I don't get the ability "Attackers cannot Attack you". You are only 'attacked' if you're the Shadow Master. So if you're the Falcon / Shadow Master player does that mean you automatically win the game?!

The Falcon Messenger only prevents players with more artifacts than you from attacking you. Since the Shadow Master takes all face down artifacts before the showdown, it's very unlikely more than one player would be unable to attack, though certainly possible.

What I was curious about is, what happens if you, as a hero, accidentally grab a rune to place under the cape? Since you can't reveal the artifact under the cape, does this mean you're forced to give it up and win it back in the final showdown?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chang

SAN MATEO
California
msg tools
designer
Yes, so that is why this action is really important for a player. For a hero, it is better that grab an artifact that he already knows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.