GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,839 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: Several identical images were just submitted rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: photos [+] [View All]
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed that a few identical Heroscape pics have been submitted and accepted:

These are three separate images, with different text, but they appear to be identical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This happens a LOT. I can only guess that different ,ods approved them not seeing the others first. Or, some people just click approve without looking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
As always, you can use the Submit Corrections form in the game entry, and an admin will have a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:
This happens a LOT. I can only guess that different ,ods approved them not seeing the others first. Or, some people just click approve without looking.

I this case, it looks like the image has been submitted to 3 different heroscape expansions, along with two other different images for each expansion.

So a geekmodder accepts this image and two others for the first expansion. Now three images come up for the next expansion. Can you tell for sure that one of them is the same image as one of the last set?

BTW heroscape has such a high number of images (and i assume, most of them customized components) that i can only "skip" new images for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip W.
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Euros are better with dice!
mbmbmbmbmb
As I've said earlier: there should be something to discourage too many pictures of a game. Perhaps a sliding scale for BBG images: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1222260

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like it's been fixed; two of the images have been removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Look for a small tweaking to GeekMod in the near (right Aldie?) future to encourage a bit more attention from the modders.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.