Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are three icons above the scoring track that seem to be simply explaining what the different visitors help with. However, since they're in the 'scoring box' I want to make sure that they don't relate to end game scoring in anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, they don't have anything to do with end of game scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Yep, they don't have anything to do with end of game scoring.

Great, thanks Paul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pacemaker 67
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps...Intermediate Scoring.

Except that the Collector shows a star. Otherwise, it seems to match the intermediate scoring rules. I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
Those symbols are simply a reminder of the value of each visitor during scorings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pacemaker 67
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But do you get Fame points from the Collector to give out during intermediate scoring?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
they don't refer to intermediate score only, but their value during game.

Collectors in your gallery worth one fame when artists get fame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
pacemaker67 wrote:
Perhaps...Intermediate Scoring.

Except that the Collector shows a star. Otherwise, it seems to match the intermediate scoring rules. I think.

The intermediate scoring aid is located on the bottom of ticket office box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find them useful when explaining the game.
A nice general overview.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Adams
Australia
Mt Lawley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:
Even though they are in the end game scoring box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Foss
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tallboy wrote:
newrev wrote:
Even though they are in the end game scoring box?

I had this same question. Since the rules say you can convert influence to money or fame when needed, the way I have done this is at the beginning of end-game scoring, observe the visitors in your gallery and tally what that would do to artist fame, your money, and your influence based on the visitor color. This way, if you are 1 or 2 stars away from a celebrity artist, you can still push them up there and get them to celebrity status, you get 5 coin, and a work of art in your gallery may be worth 20 coin instead of 14. Then leave them there for any reputation bonus tiles that also count the visitors in your gallery.

This could be completely wrong, but it felt logical since the final step for end-game scoring is to convert influence to money. If you're 'cashing in' on your influence, why not your visitors?

What I found frustrating was that in flipping through the rules back and forth perhaps 4 times during the final turn wrap-up, I found absolutely no reference to the point of that space. Since the areas tied to the primary actions are graphically tied to the worker spot, it seemed logically consistent that those icons would also have something to do with end game scoring.

This was just my interpretation and attempts to infer meaning in a logical manner... Vital, any input? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those icons on the top are just a reminder of the visitors value during game. They. Help you when you score Parties ( Vip + Colectors ) or Metings ( Investors + Collectors ) during game and intermediate scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Foss
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification, Vital! It sounds like I inadvertently created a new variant scoring method..

Kudos for a great game and thanks for being so active on the threads. While there are other designers as attentive as you, if every designer were as involved, that would be an amazing thing. So thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Jason. To be envolved with this wondefull comunity is not a dificult thing to do. I really love to do it. Its totaly my pleasure, and I'm very lucky to be able to do it in a daily basis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.