Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutcher99 wrote:
Hi everyone,

We have found another translation error, on card 'LD 35 F'

This error/spoiler is in effect after you played july.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

The win bonus you get in july for the month august is translated wrong:

In Dutch: add a military base in a city of your choice
In English: add both 1 starting military base AND 1 military base to any one city on the board.

The difference is that you are allowed to put a military base sticker on the board, so for every future game you will have a military base there.

Please add to the mistakes and errata, august is the best month to put this, because at that moment the effect will take place.

Thanks, I will add that one to the OP. It's a shame we didn't hear this from the publisher, they are just waiting for us to collect the mistakes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Wolfram
Netherlands
Lelystad
Flevoland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if there's a printing error in one of the boxes as well? Or are the only printing errors located on the cards and stickers? I'm planning on playing through the campaign, but reading this thread makes me cautious of starting a campaign with the current components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SWolfram wrote:
Does anyone know if there's a printing error in one of the boxes as well? Or are the only printing errors located on the cards and stickers? I'm planning on playing through the campaign, but reading this thread makes me cautious of starting a campaign with the current components.

What's the difference between what is on cards, stickers or in the boxes? To be more specific: yes, there are errors in legacy stuff, if that is what you are asking. That's were the spoiler tags are for in the OP. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Wolfram
Netherlands
Lelystad
Flevoland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just checking where to look for spelling errors. I'm hesitant to click on the spoiler tag on the months because I might spoil some suprises before starting the gameplay for that month.

An overview of where the errors are located would also work. For example, If someone would say: "on the "Top Secret" sheet, box H, R and 45 contain translation errors. Box 2 in the game box is also incorrectly translated". This would let me know when look at the overview in this thread before spoiling any suprises that might come up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan G
Netherlands
Emmeloord
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall correctly, I would choose to to it like this:

February: click on the spoiler before starting the game
March: click on the spoiler before setting up the game.
July: click on the spoiler before starting the game.
August: click on the spoiler before setting up the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan V
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just read this error in the Dutch rulebook.

On page 4 it says that funding is at least 1 and at most 10. This is incorrect because funding can drop down to 0, as is mentioned in the English rulebook.

Luckily the explanation on the back of the Dutch rulebook is clear about this and says to drop the funding 2 points when you win a game and can't be lower than 0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rama Jagerman
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
Hi all,

Our group found another translation error, hopefully the last one.

This error/spoiler is in effect when you start november.

Translation error on card 'LD 53 F' "tijd is schaars"):

Dutch version: it instructs to scratch this card open in the case the team didnt open packet 6 AND packet 7.
English version: it instructs to scratch this card open in the case the team didnt open packet 6 OR packet 7.

On a side note... its impossible to open packet 7 before packet 6 is open, so in both the English and Dutch version they could just instruct to scratch the card open if packet 7 is still unopened.

Question: is there any news on a reprint (schedule) on Season 1 where they correct all found errors and often made mistakes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilse
Belgium
Kortenberg
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question about package 8

Question about package 8, you should open it after losing 4 games ...
I was listening to a podcast where someone said they didn't have to open it
But I did, I don't remember when but it was on an instruction card somewhere that it should be opened, right?
Did you guys open it up or did I misread somewhere?
Any help would be nice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Holtzer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think you misread it. You should only open it after losing four games in a row. I finished the game without opening it. (Of course I opened it afterwards because I was really curious of the content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joël
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear gamers,
I want to play pandemic legacy(dutch edition). What is the best way to start? I see a lot discussions about the rules. How can I start without making many rule mistakes?

Kind regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan G
Netherlands
Emmeloord
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel22 wrote:
Dear gamers,
I want to play pandemic legacy(dutch edition). What is the best way to start? I see a lot discussions about the rules. How can I start without making many rule mistakes?

Kind regards.

Read the normal rules, start playing and then if I recall correctly, I would choose to do it like this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joël
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MADG0BLIN wrote:
Joel22 wrote:
Dear gamers,

Kind regards.

Read the normal rules, start playing and then if I recall correctly, I would choose to do it like this:

Thx! So the Dutch manual is correct beside of some small flaws mentioned in this topic? And also use the errata list, before playing the game?

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruud Kool
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"Tactische Posten nu Online" at the end of August says it's an "eenmalige actie", just like the nuclear option. But that doesn't seem to make sense. Copy-paste error?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.W. Man
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see some comments about the mistranslation in July that are really significant. I worry about this (just finished April). Is there a spoiler-free way to tell me when I must be made aware of this?

I hope other mistranslations (I just saw this and have corrected everything up to and including April; none of those have impacted our game yet) are relatively minor...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan G
Netherlands
Emmeloord
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Read 3 comments above yours, explained it there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.W. Man
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MADG0BLIN wrote:
Read 3 comments above yours, explained it there.
Great! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For each month I added what the best timing is to click on the spoilers of the OP. Does anybody remember what the best timing would be for the november spoiler?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bernaar wrote:
For each month I added what the best timing is to click on the spoilers of the OP. Does anybody remember what the best timing would be for the november spoiler?

Before setup - though it's not clear which version (English or Dutch) is better for this specific instance - both wordings are liable to misinterpretation and the suggested third wording is clearly better than either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk F.
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fyi, I just bought the june 2016 reprint. (back in stock, jeej)

At first I noticed that there were no errata included.
Then I check and saw that the error on page four (funding 0) and on the "flexible" sticker are corrected.

So I'm hopeful Z-man fixed everything that was mentioned here
Can't wait to start now :-)

(Unfortunately I don't know if there is a way to seperate the old from the corrected version, as the print date on the back is still 2015)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I just finished January of the new June 2016 reprint. It looked promising with the fixed translation errors on the stickers and in the rulebook. However, the first error is already found on LD05F. Details can be found here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1599603/january-end-bonus-c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan G
Netherlands
Emmeloord
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unbelievable. You would think that after that many errors in the first translation they would triple check everything.

I was planning on getting the new translated game to play with my family (previous games where with a friends), but I see I need to keep this thread nearby again..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlon Kruis
Netherlands
Hoogeveen
Drenthe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anna3 wrote:
I just finished January of the new June 2016 reprint. It looked promising with the fixed translation errors on the stickers and in the rulebook. However, the first error is already found on LD05F. Details can be found here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1599603/january-end-bonus-c...
Is someone willing to upload the new version of the Dutch edition rulebook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna
Netherlands
flag msg tools
My rule book is full with stickers...

Some new errors in the june 2016 reprint:
Win bonus of July, LD 35F
Start research centre and research centre should be start military base and military base

End of August, LD40B, door 23
This is not a one-time event as stated, but an unfunded event

I have to say that we are disappointed about the quality of the translations/language usage, also on non-error cards. Sometimes it feels like they used google translate..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Luza
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
Look me up in Dutch theaters! www.opsterkwater.nl
badge
Sweet boardgame music: http://youtube.com/c/TheHappyLuza
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a Misprint on the January Scratch card. What should be under it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan G
Netherlands
Emmeloord
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be: Win Bonus: remove 1 disease cube in February after setting up the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |