Lost Legacy: The Starship» Forums » General

Subject: 2nd and 3rd chronicle games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Siel Oren
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i played The Starship and enjoyed it very much, already ordered The Flying Garden,
but what about the 2nd and 3rd chronicles?
in what are they different than the original two?
is there a place i can read all the cards in those versions?
does anyone mind scanning and uploading them to BGG?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
mbmbmbmbmb
The second and third Chronicles are different cards from Chronicle 1.

If you look around the Lost Legacy links you may find yourself looking at the Japanese cards. I know they have all been uploaded, you can look at those to see what to expect, but AEG changed the order of the Lost Legacy sets and which sets come together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are all different sets. In my opinion 1st chronicle, which you have, are the weakest though still fun. The 3rd chronicle has the most complex (of the current AEG decks). Also 2nd and 3rd come in boxes with no draw string bags.

Here are my brief descriptions of each:

2nd - Vorpal Sword - Cross between Love Letter and Lost Legacy. Several cards have identical counter parts as Love Letter. You will see more elimination here, more similar to Love Letter.

2nd - Whitegold Spire - Games last longer due to reshuffling of cards. Game focuses on points from the cards instead of elimination or finding the Lost Legacy, though finding it does give extra points.

3rd - Sacred Grail - Introduces hidden information and bluffing mechanic. A lot more mind gamey than the other decks.

3rd - Staff of Dragons - Lots of elimination with heavy risk/reward trade-offs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
They are all different sets. In my opinion 1st chronicle, which you have, are the weakest though still fun. The 3rd chronicle has the most complex (of the current AEG decks). Also 2nd and 3rd come in boxes with no draw string bags.

Here are my brief descriptions of each:

2nd - Vorpal Sword - Cross between Love Letter and Lost Legacy. Several cards have identical counter parts as Love Letter. You will see more elimination here, more similar to Love Letter.

2nd - Whitegold Spire - Games last longer due to reshuffling of cards. Game focuses on points from the cards instead of elimination or finding the Lost Legacy, though finding it does give extra points.

3rd - Sacred Grail - Introduces hidden information and bluffing mechanic. A lot more mind gamey than the other decks.

3rd - Staff of Dragons - Lots of elimination with heavy risk/reward trade-offs.

The 4th Chronicle is out in case you didn't know.

4th - The Wearwolf - A larger focus on the Investigation Phase.

4th - Undying Heart - Some elimination with turn skipping mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.