Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We then attacked Magalon. I've heard Tim talk about it and not much else. I just haven't seen much internet buzz about this game. I liked how it made the El Grande/El Caballero card mechanic the meat of the game instead of just to determine player order. We had a wild race with Will, Jeff, Tim and I. Tim and I started off to the left of the board and Will and Jeff started off to the right. Tim raced ahead, without any hindrance and was the first to pick up a token. He tried to keep his breakneck pace going but I sent the giant over his way to bash him around a bit. This helped put him in his place temporarily. I was somewhat behind Tim in picking up my first token and then got bashed by the imp in turn when I headed up the board for my second token. Meanwhile Jeff and Will have been bogged down by a combined effort from Tim and I to stop them from reaching their first checkpoint. Tim moved a wall over in their direction and I used a flying wall to add to the confusion. They eventually got to their checkpoint only to discover more obstacles in their way. Will got through unscathed but Jeff was delayed further.

After getting hit by the imp and seeing what the giant did to Tim, I decided to change tactics and head to a different checkpoint. I was unimpeeded in my travels but, after getting my second token, ran into the obstacles previously set up for Jeff's benefit. Tim got his second token as well and headed towards his third checkpoint. Tim was going clockwise around the board and now the rest of us were heading counter-clockwise. We all had our second tokens and were starting to run out of cards. Jeff was able to get his third token first and sprint towards the finish. He was close enough that we gangpiled him and made his path pure misery. It's tough to get where you want to go when you're out of high move cards and everyone else is determined to stop you.

I was in last place and hoped to be able to replenish my hand at this time. Tim beat me to the punch so had a full set of cards for the final stretch. I was able to replenish my cards the next round, but Tim was well on his way to the finish line. We were still, unthinkingly, focusing on stopping Jeff. We didn't take into account that Jeff was really low on cards. We made a token attempt to stop Tim but it wasn't enough. He had enough strength and movement points to get to the finish ahead of all of us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.