United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First the one I understand, but have an interaction question on:
Radiation: "Launch a ship, then Move a component from that time machine to an unlaunched ship."
If I send back a ship with too many components which happens first? Can I recycle one of the extra components or does the waste happen first?

Tangle: "Place any component from Shop, Garage, or Armory on one of your machines that has already launched this turn."
Is this supposed to say day instead of turn? How could a ship have launched before you play your card for the turn?

Performance Goal: If you are the only one who traveled to at least two trips, gain 3 pts.
WTF? How would you keep everyone else to only one trip for the entire game? Even if it should be "most" instead of "least" it would have to be worth at least 6 to make up for the trips you don't take. If it is least you'd have to spend all your time blocking everyone else and I'm still skeptical that it would work. Again, for all that effort it should be worth more. What am I missing here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Born-of-Ashes wrote:
Radiation: "Launch a ship, then Move a component from that time machine to an unlaunched ship."
If I send back a ship with too many components which happens first? Can I recycle one of the extra components or does the waste happen first?

I'm pretty sure you can use the overage -- at least, that's the way we play. Since the waste part happens after you launch your ship and place it on the location, it seems like the Radiation card should intervene right away.

Born-of-Ashes wrote:
Tangle: "Place any component from Shop, Garage, or Armory on one of your machines that has already launched this turn."
Is this supposed to say day instead of turn? How could a ship have launched before you play your card for the turn?

I suspect it is supposed to say "day".

Born-of-Ashes wrote:
Performance Goal: If you are the only one who traveled to at least two trips, gain 3 pts.
WTF? How would you keep everyone else to only one trip for the entire game? Even if it should be "most" instead of "least" it would have to be worth at least 6 to make up for the trips you don't take. If it is least you'd have to spend all your time blocking everyone else and I'm still skeptical that it would work. Again, for all that effort it should be worth more. What am I missing here?

This was a puzzler for me at first, until I decided it's about exclusivity. I think it means:

If there are at least two trips that only you visited, gain 3 pts.

In other words, it's not about preventing the others from traveling at all, but being the only one who went to two particular locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:
Born-of-Ashes wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can use the overage -- at least, that's the way we play. Since the waste part happens after you launch your ship and place it on the location, it seems like the Radiation card should intervene right away.

Born-of-Ashes wrote:

I suspect it is supposed to say "day".

Born-of-Ashes wrote:

This was a puzzler for me at first, until I decided it's about exclusivity. I think it means:

If there are at least two trips that only you visited, gain 3 pts.

In other words, it's not about preventing the others from traveling at all, but being the only one who went to two particular locations.

Correct on all counts.

You resolve the anomoly card fully before waste happens.

Tangle should say "Day". Good catch.

Your interpretation of that performance goal is correct. Another way to phrase it is that if there are at least two trips that only you are on then you score the bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott, are you going to gather all the questions from BGG and make a downloadable FAQ?

Also: Eagerly awaiting the solo rules, which I hope will also have a low-ink, printer-friendly version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Found another typo:

The future trip World President Elected says "May take a garbage action".

I'm 99.9% sure it should be "Garage" because there is another future trip that gives you a trash action, and there is one and only one future bonus for every other type of action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Born-of-Ashes wrote:
Found another typo:

The future trip World President Elected says "May take a garbage action".

I'm 99.9% sure it should be "Garage" because there is another future trip that gives you a trash action, and there is one and only one future bonus for every other type of action.

Correct, the intent for this one is the Garage action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Punter
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another card question, don't have it on hand, but the card said you could remove an ad from a trip.

Can you do this on a trip that the player has sent the ship to. It was still on the same day so we decided the ad hadn't been "cashed in" and allowed removal of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobbess wrote:
Another card question, don't have it on hand, but the card said you could remove an ad from a trip.

Can you do this on a trip that the player has sent the ship to. It was still on the same day so we decided the ad hadn't been "cashed in" and allowed removal of it.

Once the player has landed on a trip that has their ad on it, the ad has been fulfilled and cannot be removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
Scott, are you going to gather all the questions from BGG and make a downloadable FAQ?

I don't know if Scott, or anyone at Eagle-Gryphon Games, has the time or intention to do this.

I do know that there are some very good FAQs generated by BGG users who have trawled the forums...

Andrew, just saying (rather than volunteering for this particular task)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.