Say Bye to the Villains» Forums » Rules

Subject: Saying that specific card must be dealt with rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fahrizal Nurrahman
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surprisingly, the hidden information rule is clearer than I thought. I don't mind hidden info co-op games, what I dislike is when it's unclear what info you can share and what are not.

I know it's co-op game and it depends on how difficult the game you want to be, and personal interpretation, but, say if you checked a secret passage (+99 life) card or any other +99 villain trait cards, may you notify other players "this card must be taken care off?" Would that still be in the spirit of "no specific card info" rule or do you think it's too specific?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Carney
United States
Fairmont
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my personal opinion, for a group taking this hidden info rule the most seriously, no more than, "This guy is very tough," or, "The sideways cards are the ones I'm worried about," would be good.

The next level up would be saying something like, "None of us can beat this guy right now." This would be a good way to be non-specific yet still alert your fellow vanquishers that the guy's cards need to be revealed and then discarded.

Something like, "Reveal this card and then let's try to discard it," might be a little more specific, but still general enough to be accepted by some groups that allow a little more info sharing.

Saying, "This is a secret passage," is of course far too specific.

What do you think about these four levels?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fahrizal Nurrahman
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that's good "difficulty" level. In my opinion, the first one and second one can be combined though, since for me, just saying "this guy is very tough" is kinda too unspecific, and saying "none of us can beat this guy" is basically the least amount of useful information.

But yeah, those are good idea for setting up difficulty level, and you can actually tell your group which difficulty level you want to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.