Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, need help here, played a solitaire game last night and only scored 131. Not even an apprentice.

Solitaire
1. If Lacerda's gallerist is kicked out, his next turn is simply continue to the next location clockwise, does he leave an assistant behind? Since the location space is occupied by player's gallerist which kicked him out previously.

2. If the player kicked out Lacerda's gallerist / assistant in International Market, place his assistand in one of the space on the table. Does the regular ticket removing also take place, or it's repla ced by this action?

3. If Lacerda's gallerist kick out his own assistant, does the ticket removing happen?

General Play
1.Contract card, can you replace an incomplete contract card in your gallery with a new one? Why, because the slots are already full and you need another type of contract card to sell a work of art.

2. Not really clear about signature tokens. If player discovers an artist, he takes the signature and place it in the commissioned slot. If the player already has a token in the slot, he cannot take this action?
When he buy a work of art, he take a token and place it on the value track (adjust the value based on the artist fame). My understanding is he can buy a 2nd work of art of one type and take the 2nd signature tokens to be placed on the value track. So there are 2 tokens of the same artist side by side on the value track, right?
And there's no limit (aside from the gallery limit) for how many tokens on the value track right?

3. Fulfilled contract card has 2 bonus spaces that player can choose for. Is it possible to place assistants on both spaced in a single fulfilled contract cards hence getting both bonuses?

4. Can you promote an artist more than one time in a single turn? Of course paying total cost.

5. Does player get the bonus from promote artist first before resolving the fame increase? If yes, it's possible to gain bonus of a Collector into the gallery and adjust the fame after.

6. Is it possible to take a rep tile from international market even the rep tile spaces in a player's gallery are already full?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No. An assistant is left behind when a player moves from a location on their turn. Not when kicked out.

2. The loss of the ticket still happens.

3. Good question. I would say "no" - the rules say that it only happens if YOU kick-out one of his assistants.

General

1. No. The rules are very clear on this. "The contract card taken is then placed on the Player’s board, on an empty contract spot or over a previously fulfilled (face-down) contract."
and
"If a player has three unfulfilled (face-up) contract cards on his Player board, he may not sign a new contract (i.e. Take a new contract card)."

2. A signature token represents that the artist has promised to create a work of art for you at some point. He has not yet created it yet.
You cannot have more than one "commission". Think of the commission space on your player board as a separate space completely - it is not at the bottom of the value track. A signature token here is NOT a work of art, just a promise of a work of art in future.

You CAN have two works of art from the same artist, but if you have a commission from that artist, it is the commissioned work that must be bought first. Then, you can buy another one.

No limit to number of tokens on your art value track (except that each one takes up a space in your gallery - so technically 4)

3. No. The rules for this are on page 10. "When flipping the card, the Player orients it so that the top half matches the type of Visitor
that was moved in step 5 (Influence for a VIP, or money for an Investor). If the Player moved a Collector, or there was no Visitor to move, he may choose either orientation.

You can only place an assistant on the space on the top. Otherwise, there would be no point in orienting the card.

4. No. The rules are clear. "a Player can increase this by 1 level"

5. The steps are followed in order. Step 4 comes before Step 5.

6. No. If you already have 6, you cannot choose this action

Hope that helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Hope that helps

You always do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:

2. Lacerda does not get to place in the International Market when his Gallerist is kicked-out of the Location. The rules say "Every time Lacerda moves to the International Market, or he or any of his Assistants is Kicked-Out from there by you, place one of Lacerda’s
Assistants onto the table in the first available empty space..." The loss of the ticket still happens.

Maybe I'm tired and not understanding, but your answer seems to be contradicted by the quote you supply from the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right. My bad. Will correct it in the original post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
vardamir wrote:

6. Is it possible to take a rep tile from international market even the rep tile spaces in a player's gallery are already full?

6. Rules for this are on page 8 (although I agree, they should have been on page 12 too): "Note: If the Player has no empty Reputation spaces on his Player board, discard the Reputation tile back into the game box."

The rule on page 8 only refers to when you gain the reputation tile from covering up the 3 art space in your gallery for the first time.

As for taking a reputation tile from the International Market when you already have 6 tiles on your board, from page 12 in the 'Take a Reputation Tile' section, it says "If a Player has no empty Reputation spaces on his Player board, he may not perform this action."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys. This clears up a lot of things.
Now I know how the signatures really work and the use of bonus from fulfilled contract cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.