Popular Tags: [View All]
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this as a filler some time ago at a game night and immediately put it on my wishlist. I eventually got it recently on holiday, and managed to get my cousin and her husband to play it.

Theme

Saying to people "hey let's play the geisha game" is likely to be a little polarizing. Most people are intrigued to know more, but also a little apprehensive. People tend to immediately think of geishas as prostitutes so I have to go to great lengths to explain that 'performance' actually relates to dancing and acting.

Having said that, the Japanese theme is an attractive one and it's nicely woven into the game. The various guests are all quite thematic and the art is solid, though it seems my copy is different to the one others have, and I prefer the other.

Teaching the game

This is a wonderfully easy game to teach, with very few watch outs and you can get playing within just a few minutes. Setup is almost non-existent, so it's really a good filler that genuinely does not take ages to get started.

Mechanics

Being able to use a card as either a guest or an advertiser is very cool, as you only have that one decision to make. It's elegant and compelling.

Final thoughts

I like this game a lot. I will carry it around trying to get people into the hobby from now on. In the end, my cousin went out and bought it, which is testament to its gateway status.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.