The Great War» Forums » General

Subject: Austrians, Italians, Ottomans and Australians rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
On PSC's website you can read that eventually PSC intend to release expansions covering cavalry units, the French, the Americans and the Russians.

www.pscgames.co.uk/thegreatwar

I'm wondering if there are also long term plans, or even a mere possibility, of including the Austro-Hungarians, Italians and Ottomans in the mix too. They all were major combatants in the conflict as well and I feel they deserve their place in this great game too! There are also many scenarios that come to mind covering the Gallipoli campaign, the Isonzo battles, Caporetto, the Brusilov offensive etc.)

The Canadians I can use British figures for, and if need be for the Australians as well, but for the latter some unique figures would be great too as their uniforms were definitely more distinct too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PSC games
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Hi,

We would indeed like to cover all of the major campaigns during the great war and Austro- Hungarians, Eastern front and Ottoman Turks, Australians for the Gallipoli campaign are what we would like to have for expansions in the future.

We are very passionate here at The Plastic Soldier Company about this period in our history, so we are keen to make sure that the game is well supported with future expansions.

Best regards

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pscgames wrote:
Hi,

We would indeed like to cover all of the major campaigns during the great war and Austro- Hungarians, Eastern front and Ottoman Turks, Australians for the Gallipoli campaign are what we would like to have for expansions in the future.

We are very passionate here at The Plastic Soldier Company about this period in our history, so we are keen to make sure that the game is well supported with future expansions.

Best regards

Chris

And I'll be keen on spending my hard earned money on it then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pscgames wrote:
Hi,

Best regards

Chris

In that case the Italians too, I assume (even though you didn't specifically mention them)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget the Leader figures that they released in the first kickstarter.

If the market will bear that many expansions, it looks like they are willing do to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:

If the market will bear that many expansions, it looks like they are willing do to them.

Hmmm...good point Kevin. Anyone have any ideas on how these might be used? Maybe as a fifth unit providing special skills ala the grenadiers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
kduke wrote:

Hmmm...good point Kevin. Anyone have any ideas on how these might be used? Maybe as a fifth unit providing special skills ala the grenadiers?

I actually hope they will rerelease these in plastic. I don't like mixing metal with plastic. Moreover, as I'm no painter, they look nothing like the troops they command colorwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.