6 Posts

Legendary: Secret Wars – Volume 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question About Pull Reality Into the Negative Zone rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Dobmeyer
msg tools
mbmbmb
So we were playing this scheme and had enough scheme twists out where we were using Recruit to fight and Attack to recruit. We rescued a bystander who happened to be the banker which gave us 2 recruit to use on the hero below the bank space. How would you play this since recruit points go for attacking?

1.) Do you get two "attack" points for the villian in the bank space?
2.) Still use the 2 recruit points with additional Attack points to recruit the hero?
3.) Not get any benefit from the banker at all other than his victory point?

Thanks for your thoughts and clarifications!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the card in front of me but I believe it is the third option. When reality is reversed, stars don't do any good in the HQ. Now if a villain got there somehow, I would think you could attack it with the extra 2 stars...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhythmic wrote:
I don't have the card in front of me but I believe it is the third option. When reality is reversed, stars don't do any good in the HQ. Now if a villain got there somehow, I would think you could attack it with the extra 2 stars...

I'd agree with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this last week. I was faced with the exact same situation and we played it as Stephen suggests above.

Remember the golden rule. Play the card exactly as it says. No more and no less. It says you get 2 stars to recruit the hero below the bank. Stars aren't used for recruiting however at that point so they are useless to you.

We lost the scenario by the way. We couldn't get it to flip back and when it did it flipped reverse again after just a few turns. At one point I had 15 recruit! Hope you had better luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I have terrible luck with this scheme. When we're in "regular space" I have a lot of recruit in my hands. "No problem," I say to myself, "As soon as that Scheme Twist comes up and I'm in the Negative Zone, I'll be set!" and then there's either two Scheme Twists in a row so there's no real capitalizing on it or I suddenly shift and have a handfuls of Attack points when we're in the NZ. I haven't tracked it for specifics, but it sure seems that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Dobmeyer
msg tools
mbmbmb
Cool, we played it the way you guys all suggested. The four of us did manage to win the scenario so it all worked out in the end. Just a bummer we couldn't benefit from the banker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.