Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
CheesyGreat pickup line at the grognard singles bar... (not that I have any need of one being happily married, but I offer it to the gaming public free of charge and future royalties.)

But seriously folks...

While most of you probably do this yourself or risk major injury with an X-Acto knife, as part of the Jack Vasel Memorial Fund drive, I'm offering counter clipping service for up to 1000 counters using the excellent Oregon Laminations 2.5mm Corner Rounder.

If you're interested in placing a bid on this item for the JVMF or just following along, that item is #119 and can be found here: Ones Upon a Game Offers: Counter Clipping!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Great War Commander, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander Europe, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Combat Commander Pacific
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
...the excellent Oregon Laminations 2.5mm Corner Rounder

Great auction idea. Wish I could find someone who sells the OL clippers in Canada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the postdog
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
It's a dog eat postdog world.
badge
Mostly boring, sometimes excessive.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
the excellent Oregon Laminations 2.5mm Corner Rounder

Sorry for going off-topic, but living in Europe, which seems severly underdeveloped as far as rounding corners goes, I have to take any changes.

I randomly checked amazon.de and found this:

www.amazon.de/Radius-Corner-Rounder-Punch-Cutter/dp/B0141NYH...

Is that the praised product that you speak of? (I know that the size is 3mm rather than 2.5mm, but it would be a start.)

Great idea for the JVMF by the way. Would you be brave enough to instead offer it for any single game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
mondauge wrote:
Quote:

Sorry for going off-topic, but living in Europe, which seems severly underdeveloped as far as rounding corners goes, I have to take any changes.

I randomly checked amazon.de and found this:

www.amazon.de/Radius-Corner-Rounder-Punch-Cutter/dp/B0141NYH...

Is that the praised product that you speak of? (I know that the size is 3mm rather than 2.5mm, but it would be a start.)

That link shows the original version of OL clipper; OL now has a deluxe version which is easier to use well.

Click here: mb for more info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prisoner of Conscience
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
mondauge wrote:
Great idea for the JVMF by the way. Would you be brave enough to instead offer it for any single game?

Which one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mondauge wrote:
Quote:

Sorry for going off-topic, but living in Europe, which seems severly underdeveloped as far as rounding corners goes...

Blame Vauban. He showed Europe that rounded corners produce blind spots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the postdog
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
mondauge wrote:

Which one?

Well... World in Flames Deluxe Edition could be considered a lower bound, I guess. (Mine is actually still unpunched. I essentially froze like a rabbit in front of the truck when opening the box.)

I find the idea attractive that this would change each person's evaluation in the auction. E.g., how should I know how far someone might bid, without knowing the game that he will inflict upon you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the postdog
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:

That link shows the original version of OL clipper; OL now has a deluxe version which is easier to use well.

Thanks for clarifying this. I guess I will hunt for the deluxe version then. Don't think I could live with the shame of only using the simple version. Anyway, amazon does not offer 2.5 or 2 mm radius.

You would not, by any chance, know a European or even German reseller of this item?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
mondauge wrote:
russ wrote:

Thanks for clarifying this. I guess I will hunt for the deluxe version then. Don't think I could live with the shame of only using the simple version. Anyway, amazon does not offer 2.5 or 2 mm radius.

You would not, by any chance, know a European or even German reseller of this item?

I got my 2mm deluxe from hexasim in France, but they seem out of stock for the past few months. :/

There was a recent thread with people recommending European online wargame stores; maybe one of them has them?
European online stores for war games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barber
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"You spin cut me right round, baby
Right round like a record counter, baby
Right round round round"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prisoner of Conscience
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
CheesyGreat pickup line at the grognard singles bar... (not that I have any need of one being happily married, but I offer it to the gaming public free of charge and future royalties.)

But seriously folks...

While most of you probably do this yourself or risk major injury with an X-Acto knife, as part of the Jack Vasel Memorial Fund drive, I'm offering counter clipping service for up to 1000 counters using the excellent Oregon Laminations 2.5mm Corner Rounder.

If you're interested in placing a bid on this item for the JVMF or just following along, that item is #119 and can be found here: Ones Upon a Game Offers: Counter Clipping!

Reminder, this ends this weekend... Plenty of other bidding opportunities left for other great items!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Mummery
United States
Oxnard
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anybody tried the Oregon Lamination Deluxe Corner Rounder Punch Cutter?

I'm curious, it looks industrial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prisoner of Conscience
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Sparkomatic wrote:

I'm curious, it looks industrial.

That's the one I use right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Sparkomatic wrote:

If you're talking about the "deluxe" one on this page about it:
https://boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/23638
then yes, many of us are using the deluxe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.