Subject: Company Goal Card, VPs for CEPs too weak. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Brown
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
It seems that the company goal card that gives you VPs for CEPs (max 8 CEPs for 16pts) is pretty weak. According to the rules, in order, you sell CEPs before you score company goals. So the person with that card can't score their CEPs independently.

Even if the market was all the way down to 1, they would get 4 VPs for their 8 CEPs, so keeping them actually gives them a max of 12. And if the market is at 2, knock off another 4pts. If the market is at 4, just take the $8 for the card and 4VPs.

Seems like they should get full value like everyone else for their CEPs + the bonus. None of the other bonuses are compromised like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Roguester wrote:
It seems that the company goal card that gives you VPs for CEPs (max 8 CEPs for 16pts) is pretty weak. According to the rules, in order, you sell CEPs before you score company goals. So the person with that card can't score their CEPs independently.

Even if the market was all the way down to 1, they would get 4 VPs for their 8 CEPs, so keeping them actually gives them a max of 12. And if the market is at 2, knock off another 4pts. If the market is at 4, just take the $8 for the card and 4VPs.

Seems like they should get full value like everyone else for their CEPs + the bonus. None of the other bonuses are compromised like that.

Perhaps a closer reading of the rules? Say the notes for the card itself?

You do get to score the bonus, then sell them like everyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J
United States
Beverly Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roguester wrote:

This is not correct.

You get the VP bonus for the CEP's that you have in hand (i.e., before you collect the CEP's that are in the regions you control), and then you get to sell all of your CEP's at the current market rate (including those you collect from regions you control). So you get the full value for your CEP's, just like everyone else, plus you get the bonus (it's just that the bonus is limited to the CEP's you have in hand at the end of the game prior to taking the CEP's out of the regions you control).

Edit: Note that the Company Goal Card notes for Card 31 indicates that you get 2 points for each CEP in your hand and notes that you check this before adding to your hand the CEPs from the region you control. In other words, at the end of the game if I have 6 CEP's in hand, prior to adding those from the regions I control, I make a note of this fact, then add the CEPs from the regions, then sell all of them at the prevailing market rate. Then, when I score my company goal card, I refer to the note that I had six in hand at the end of the game and score an additional 12 points. I am not required to forego selling the CEPs in order to keep them in hand to the point where I actually score the company goal card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Brown
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Got it. It is clear in the card manifest. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.