Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Arndt
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can anyone give me a rundown on how well the campaign game plays? How does it differ from the base game; summary of the rules and such?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Merritt
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
As stated in other posts on this topic, the Campaign Game is a series of connected scenarios. Really, it's one scenario with several playings. The map is divided up into many sectors; the back of one of the insert cards lays out the sectors. Victory is determined by sector control. Each day is broken into 3 or more scenarios in which one side or the other is deemed the attacker and the other the defender. The initial scenario provides a base number and type of units and each side has the capability of buying more units/fortifications etc.through the use of "RPs" (Replaement Points). Units are usually bought at Platoon (German) or Company (Soviet) level. The CG rules specify scenario and CG limits on these; so you can't just buy JS2s and ISU152 companies all the time! Leaders are grown randomly; fortifications cost RPs and the German's will probably try to buy lots of these. Resources are limited and you never have all you want. There is even a modifier to apply to the RPs accrued each senario so that no two CGs should play alike.

All in all, I think it plays well. While I have not completed a CG game I have played several senarios in sequence and the rules work good. Not nearly the amount of fiddling that you see in ASL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.