Popular Tags: [View All]
Raffaele Porrini
Italy
Rome
Latium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Say 2 nation A fleet enter a sea where 1 fleet per 2 nation B and C coexists.

The sea is controlled by B.

This nation ask to friendly enter the sea, but only B doesn't accept the friendship, so one of A's fleet and B's are gone.

A and C stays in the sea. Who is the sea controller, now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
B's tax disc remains until one country occupies the sea on it's own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron K
United States
jamesville
New York
flag msg tools
'80' maxlength='250'> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%" align="right"><b>Avatar OverText</b></td> <td width="85%"> <input type="text" name="overtext[avatar]" value="Train Game anyone?
badge
Train Game anyone?
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with Steve - the tax disc changes hands when the sea zone or land zone (province?) is solely occupied by a single nation at the end of movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Chunko
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Actually there is a more complicated case.

Sea zone, controlled by A. Contains one A, one B fleet.
C sends in one fleet, attacks A.
Sea is now solely occupied by B, but controlled by A.
We decided that you can only place control disks of your color after taking a maneuver phase with that country. (We had a rules section to back it up, but I don't have it in front of me.)
I'm pretty sure that's correct, but I'd like an answer from the designer.
So for B to place the disk take a maneuver phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not the designer, but this is what the rules say (under "Tax Chips", p11 of English rules)

Quote:
As a result of the battle, it may happen that an inactive nation winds up occupying the region exclusively; in this case the previous tax chip is removed and replaced by a tax chip of the present nation.

So in your case, B's tax chip immediately replaces A's tax chip. There is no need to wait for B to maneuver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Chunko
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
That certainly does seem clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bowsher
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
That's what you get when you let me read the rules, Jeff.

Seriously, there was a direct quote somewhere in the movement rules that seemed to contradict that particular quote, although the quote given does seem more intuitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Booder98 wrote:
Seriously, there was a direct quote somewhere in the movement rules that seemed to contradict that particular quote, although the quote given does seem more intuitive.

That quotation comes from the movement rules. It is step 3 of Maneuver, on page 9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.