Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david landes
United States
oak hill
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a recent game, Firecloud was used to attempt to kill a monster. The monster rolled Ferry for the save action. Does the monster die immediately because they did not roll the maneuver for the save... or can the ferry role be used to teleport the ferry to a new terrain and avoid being killed.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to say the monster will still die. But I probably need to review some specifics of the rules to cover this fully... i.e. make sure I'm giving the right answer, can the monster still ferry units and then it dies, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stapleton
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that it will Ferry then die to the Firecloud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
bluewizard wrote:
My understanding is that it will Ferry then die to the Firecloud.

I think this would be my guess.

The firecloud targets units as opposed to armies, so regardless of where the unit is or ends up, the unit has already been targetted, so it will die.

But since Ferry can take units with it, it can take other units away and to another terrain before it dies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danilo
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules (http://www.sfr-inc.com/StarterRules.pdf):

Firecloud: Special (missile action)
During a missile action, choose up to four health-worth of units in the defending army. Each target unit must
immediately roll a maneuver result or be killed.

As you can see the Firecloud targets the unit itself, so even if it's moved away from the army (for example via the Ferry) it's still the target of the Firecloud, and it still dies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david landes
United States
oak hill
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cuss wrote:
From the rules (http://www.sfr-inc.com/StarterRules.pdf):

Firecloud: Special (missile action)
During a missile action, choose up to four health-worth of units in the defending army. Each target unit must
immediately roll a maneuver result or be killed.

As you can see the Firecloud targets the unit itself, so even if it's moved away from the army (for example via the Ferry) it's still the target of the Firecloud, and it still dies.

Thanks. We concluded that the target unit would die.. our real question was around whether the Ferry action postponed the death (enabling other units to be ferried) or happened immediately without ability to ferry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.