Steampunk Rally» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about certain actioncards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Melchert
Germany
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
This are Questions regarding certain action cards my group came up with after our first playsession.
Obviously we houseruled these, but i would like to know how they were intended.
(Note : we do not natively speak english)

Resonance-Based Earthquake Inducer :
Text : [...] Ignore all Terrain there for the rest of the game.
Question : Does this affect all players or just the one who played it.
Our Answer : All players.

Mass Ejection :
Text :If you lost at least 3 Machine Parts during the Damage Phase this round [...]
Question : Does it count if you lose the parts by removing them voluntarily >in the Damage Phase< ?
Our Answer : No Idea.

Cheat :
Text :If your Invention has fewer than 8 parts/5 parts[...]
Q : Do you mean "fewer" as in "fewer or equal" or do you mean "strictly fewer". 5 is not strictly fewer than 5. Do you get anything if your Invention consists of 8 Parts or more ?
Our Answer : "strictly fewer"

Particle Beam :
(Why) does this hit opponents behind you ?

Optimization :
Do you have to pay the cogs ?

Grapple Claws :
(Why on earth) does this hit opponents behind you ?

Wheatermachine :
How does this interact with the earthquake inducer when played first/last ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Mass ejection we have always played that you need to have taken lost parts in the damage phase due to damage taken - I'm fairly sure that's the intention.

For Cheat, I've only considered fewer to mean fewer - so 7 or less parts, or 4 or less parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter Wens
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
Ehm....
mbmbmbmbmb
entwife wrote:
For Cheat, I've only considered fewer to mean fewer - so 7 or less parts, or 4 or less parts.

Follow up question for 'Cheat'

Can you voluntarily eject parts to go below 7 or 4 parts just before playing the card?
I played it that way last game, but I'm not entirely sure it's correct. The rules don't mention it exactly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is perfectly legal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Resonance-Based Earthquake Inducer DOES remove the terrain for ALL players.

Mass Ejection I have always played as damage only, not parts voluntarily lost. Gavan or Orin may correct me on this if they disagree.

Particle Beam and Grapple Claws DO affect players behind you. (Assume that they have a wide angle of fire and that the claws can push as well as pull.)

Optimization does NOT require you to pay the cogs, you keep them after playing the card.

Earthquake Inducer removes terrain from a spot, and Weather Machine treats all spots without terrain as having 1 Terrain. So if they are played in that order, the end result would be a spot with 1 Terrain (until the end of the turn, after which there would be no terrain).

I am unsure on the official ruling if they are played in the other order but if I was ruling in a tournament on the fly, I would say that Weather Machine does not actually create terrain, so you cannot erase it's "terrain" with the Earthquake Inducer. I would await Gavan or Orin for an official ruling on that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orin Bishop
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
^Top marks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.