Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Lucid
United States
Mountain House
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to play games with appropriate theme music in the background. We started checking out records (dating myself) from the library and playing them while we played whatever it was we were playing. Mostly RPGs, Hitchcock's "Psycho" was a hit with Call of Cthulhu and "Superman" was popular with Champions. My buddy had a songs of the Luftwaffe LP and I had bagpipes for Axis and Allies or Risk (pre-GMT games we used to play).

Now there's Pandora and ITunes Radio etc...can you advise stations for:

-Wargames?

-Fantasy Games?

-Science Fiction games?

-and especially Horror games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bandcamp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zaphod b wrote:
I like to play games with appropriate theme music in the background. We started checking out records (dating myself) from the library and playing them while we played whatever it was we were playing. Mostly RPGs, Hitchcock's "Psycho" was a hit with Call of Cthulhu and "Superman" was popular with Champions. My buddy had a songs of the Luftwaffe LP and I had bagpipes for Axis and Allies or Risk (pre-GMT games we used to play).

Now there's Pandora and ITunes Radio etc...can you advise stations for:

-Wargames?

-Fantasy Games?

-Science Fiction games?

-and especially Horror games!

See the links here: Re: Anyone utilize background music/ambient soundscapes when playing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Phelps
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

In our group, it's the job of the player to the right of the current player to sing or make appropriate noises/sound effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Oppedisano
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Tabletopaudio.com. You can make a pretty cool soundtrack by the type of music you want (fantasy, horror, scifi, etc.).

It's free and quick to set up to get some good ambience going. I have a playlist going right now for a game of Eldritch Horror!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lozito
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the John William Pandora radio station. Great, epic tracks for any gaming occasion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Furnivall
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out this Geeklist GAME ENHANCING MUSIC: Playlists for Board Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Allen
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Arachnode wrote:
I use the John William Pandora radio station. Great, epic tracks for any gaming occasion!

Hans Zimmer soundtracks are great also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Draper
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd John Williams radio.

Also, Richard Wagner radio. Especially for epic or wargaming. When Flight of the Valkyries comes on during Fire in the Lake... Smells like victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We don't usually have theme music on....

We either play with no music or hubby chooses the background music which is normally something like Supperclub unless the rest of us veto and put some other regular music on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.