Ibrahim Rodríguez
Spain
Terrassa
flag msg tools
badge
I like turtles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I hope you are well. I have got a few questions regarding the rules, I would appreciate any help from you.

1. When the game starts after the setup, after placing a face-up card on the standby area. Do you draw one card to start your first turn?

2. During phase 3, Arrange/Battle. Can you only perform one of these two actions? or can you perform both?

3. During the Battle phase, one unit attacks one unit only or can you rotate several cards to attack a single enemy card? or can you rotate two cards for example and each of your cards attack different enemy cards?

4. If your attack is greater to the enemy's defense then you send that unit to the graveyard, but if it's equal you can whether send it to the graveyard or kingdom area?

5. So a turn's structure looks like this?

- Draw one card
- You choose if you Arrange units or Attack
- After your turn is ready the opponent draws one card
- Opponent decides if Arrange or Attack
- Now both players rotate cards back to original position
- A new turn starts

6. Does something happen if a new turn starts and a back unit is placed from the previous turn in the battle area but it's not exactly behind a front unit? It has an empty space in front of it.

7. Can you perform as many arrange actions as you want during your turn? Can I place two units in a row in the battle area for example?

8. Can you perform as many attack actions as you want?

9. Is there any gameplay video available that you know?

Thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wondered a few of these myself, but I figured out this one confidently enough to answer :
4. If your single-card attack is equal to the defense, you capture. If cumulative damage from multiple cards' attacks equals (or exceeds) the defense, you kill.

Of course, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was the intent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Sloan

Freehold
New Jersey
msg tools
Hexanauta wrote:
Hey guys,

I hope you are well. I have got a few questions regarding the rules, I would appreciate any help from you.

1. When the game starts after the setup, after placing a face-up card on the standby area. Do you draw one card to start your first turn?

2. During phase 3, Arrange/Battle. Can you only perform one of these two actions? or can you perform both?

3. During the Battle phase, one unit attacks one unit only or can you rotate several cards to attack a single enemy card? or can you rotate two cards for example and each of your cards attack different enemy cards?

4. If your attack is greater to the enemy's defense then you send that unit to the graveyard, but if it's equal you can whether send it to the graveyard or kingdom area?

5. So a turn's structure looks like this?
- Draw one card
- You choose if you Arrange units or Attack
- After your turn is ready the opponent draws one card
- Opponent decides if Arrange or Attack
- Now both players rotate cards back to original position
- A new turn starts

6. Does something happen if a new turn starts and a back unit is placed from the previous turn in the battle area but it's not exactly behind a front unit? It has an empty space in front of it.

7. Can you perform as many arrange actions as you want during your turn? Can I place two units in a row in the battle area for example?

8. Can you perform as many attack actions as you want?

9. Is there any gameplay video available that you know?

Thanks for your help!

My friend and I played a few rounds the other night. The rules to the game seem to need a lot of work with explaining how to play. I'll try to help by what I think the rules are. If someone wishes to correct me that would be great as well.

1. Yes you do draw a card but only at the start of each of your turns. Even if you are the first player taking the first turn.

2. You may only perform the "Arrange" action or "Battle" action. Also note that you can use a card's "Logistic Support" power if you have space in your "Stand By Area" (Max of 5 cards) and also you may use the "Entry" action for free once a turn.

3. You may rotate any number of cards to deal damage to a single unit or multiple units on the battle field. You would not be able to do so if the card that you are attacking isn't in the units range.

4. If the amount of damage you deal to a unit is greater then it's defense, that unit MUST go into the Graveyard. If the damage you deal is equal to the defense of a unit card, then you get the choice to either Capture it and send it to your own kingdom. Or you may choose to send it to the Graveyard. Capturing adds to the "Ending 3" condition and will save you from losing the "Ending 4" condition.

- Turn your horizontal cards to vertical.
- Draw a Card
- Perform "Arrange" or "Battle" Action. ** May use "Logistic Support" at appropriate time. Also may "Entry" once **
- Say when your turn is done

6. The moment a unit in the front line is destroyed the card behind it moves up to the front battle line immediately.

7. You may only "Arrange" one card from your stand by area. If you do not have any units in your stand by area then you arrange a card from your hand. (using a "logistic Support" and then arrange is a great way to get the most out of one card if your stand by area is empty.)

8. Each card may only attack once. One you turn it to deal damage it can not deal any more till the start of your next turn.

9. I have not found any gameplay videos yet.

I hope this helps everyone out that has questions. If anyone has any other questions just message me and I will try and answer it the best I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Reimer
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent duplicate geekmails to Souya Naito and Takashi Sakaue with the following questions, but haven't heard anything in two weeks. I'll post these here for now, because unless I hear back from the designers, the best we can do is crowdsource them. If I get an official response, I'll be sure to post it here as well. :]

These are the points that I found ambiguous in the English rules:

1) If I use a Guardian (1 damage point) to attack a vertical Soldier (2 defense points), and then use a Wizard (1 damage point) to attack the same vertical Soldier, is the Soldier:
    a. captured, or
    b. put in the graveyard?

My assumption: put in the graveyard.

2) If I FIRST discard an archer to the Standby Area to use its Logistic Support to deal 1 damage point to a vertical Soldier (2 defense points), and THEN attack that Soldier with a Guardian (1 damage point), is the Soldier:
    a. captured, or
    b. put in the graveyard?

3) If I FIRST discard a soldier to the Standby Area to use its Logistic Support to increase my units' attack points, and THEN use a Guardian (1 damage point + 1 from the Logistic Support) to attack a vertical Soldier (2 defense points), is the enemy Soldier:
    a. captured, or
    b. put in the graveyard?

My assumption: captured.

4) If a unit in the front (next to the battle line) is removed (captured or put in the graveyard), and there is a second unit behind it, does that second unit
    a. move forward, next to the battle line, or
    b. remain in place?

The English rules are clear that a unit being placed in the Arrange Phase is always moved as close to the battle line as possible, but they do not say what happens if a unit in the front line is removed during the Battle Phase.

My assumption: they move forward.

5) Can a player use Entry to place the King in their Kingdom Area?

My assumption: No
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Nathan correctly interprets the rules as written concerning capture when he states...
zefquaavius wrote:
I wondered a few of these myself, but I figured out this one confidently enough to answer :
4. If your single-card attack is equal to the defense, you capture. If cumulative damage from multiple cards' attacks equals (or exceeds) the defense, you kill.

As for Dan, I agree with all his remarks except #4 which again I believe Nathan got right already. With that in mind, Chris, I agree with all your assumptions for the reasons noted below.
pence wrote:
These are the points that I found ambiguous in the English rules:

1) If I use a Guardian (1 damage point) to attack a vertical Soldier (2 defense points), and then use a Wizard (1 damage point) to attack the same vertical Soldier, is the Soldier:
    a. captured, or
    b. put in the graveyard?

Put in graveyard since it was not captured as explained by Nathan above.

pence wrote:
2) If I FIRST discard an archer to the Standby Area to use its Logistic Support to deal 1 damage point to a vertical Soldier (2 defense points), and THEN attack that Soldier with a Guardian (1 damage point), is the Soldier:
    a. captured, or
    b. put in the graveyard?

Put in graveyard since the rules state damage by Logistic support cannot be used to capture.

pence wrote:
3) If I FIRST discard a soldier to the Standby Area to use its Logistic Support to increase my units' attack points, and THEN use a Guardian (1 damage point + 1 from the Logistic Support) to attack a vertical Soldier (2 defense points), is the enemy Soldier:
    a. captured, or
    b. put in the graveyard?

My assumption: captured.

I agree with this assumption as the soldier's ability modified the attack point for the guardian - it did not assign the damage directly as would an archer's logistical support ability.

pence wrote:
4) If a unit in the front (next to the battle line) is removed (captured or put in the graveyard), and there is a second unit behind it, does that second unit
    a. move forward, next to the battle line, or
    b. remain in place?

The English rules are clear that a unit being placed in the Arrange Phase is always moved as close to the battle line as possible, but they do not say what happens if a unit in the front line is removed during the Battle Phase.

My assumption: they move forward.

I agree as the point is emphasized elsewhere that units should always move up to the Battle Line.

pence wrote:
5) Can a player use Entry to place the King in their Kingdom Area?

My assumption: No

The diagram in the rules states only basic cards (all those except the King) may be placed in the Kingdom Area.

Hopefully, we're understanding the rules correctly from the "attempted" English translation provided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Tebo
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zefquaavius wrote:

I actually disagree with this point. I interpret it as any attacks from unit(s) in the battle area will capture (if total equals defense value) or kill (if total exceed defense value). I think it is meant for the archer to not be able to capture a unit when attacking using his logistical support. For me this is thematic because it means that the unit is killed by long bows from a distance and dies before being able to be captured.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.