Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Mantell
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have read a few reviews here regarding Wits & Wagers, but I can't find an answer to my question: Does the question reader get to play the game (make bets, etc.)? If so, how does the question reader keep from seeing the answers of all the other questions? I've read that one card is used per game, and that each card has 7 questions on the front and 7 answers on the back.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules:
You use 7 cards.
Read question 1 from the first card, then question 2 from the second card, etc.

If you play again immediately, just draw new cards.

And yes, the card reader CAN play the game, just like everyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Granger
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly what Tim said. James, I recognize you from your thread yesterday about games for your game party this Saturday. I was one of the people recommending W&W. You can't go wrong with this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mantell
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
lmnop wrote:
Exactly what Tim said. James, I recognize you from your thread yesterday about games for your game party this Saturday. I was one of the people recommending W&W. You can't go wrong with this one!

Yeah, I'm really thinking about getting this one.

Thanks for the help guys, I now understand that multiple cards are used, rather than one card used for all 7 questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hamilton
United States
Asheboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No I wouldn't play like that
using different cards..
I was the reader and used a different card to cover up the other answers as I read the answer for the one we were on out loud.

Imagine you are playing with different people and a question comes up that you already played. shake
It's worth the tiny effort to insure no repeats.
Check out www.Boardgameswithscott.com search Wits and Wagers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
bdean152 wrote:
Imagine you are playing with different people and a question comes up that you already played. shake
It's worth the tiny effort to insure no repeats.

You will not get a repeat question if you use the method described above as long as you replace the cards in the same order at the back of the stack. We normally place the question card face down on the table after we’ve read the answer. This way, if people forget what question number we’re on (which happens often at large parties), we just count the cards on the table. At the end of the game, we place the entire stack of 7 cards at the back of the question card stack. With this method, you will not get a repeat question until you have gone through every question.

The method you described is not more effective at reducing repeat questions and runs the risk of the question reader seeing the answer to the next question. But it is a little more intuitive and a little more simple. I guess that's the trade off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.