2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Euphrates & Tigris Dartmoor PC? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does somebody have the PC version of Euphrates & Tigris from Dartmoor?
Is it good?
Is it still possible to buy that version?

I am asking because I am looking for software that makes it possible for me to play the game online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo B.
Italy
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Xaykev wrote:
Does somebody have the PC version of Euphrates & Tigris from Dartmoor?

Yes, I bought it quite some time ago.

Xaykev wrote:
Is it good?

No.

Xaykev wrote:
Is it still possible to buy that version?

I don't know for sure, but I think the only way would be to buy a used copy on ebay, or something like that.
But, in my opinion, however little money you would pay, it's not worth it. The interface is all in 3D, which is nice to look at but extremely awkward to play. And the AI is so bad that you can't possibly lose a game (plus there is a bug that causes the AI to give away treasures to opponents). And another little rule not correctly implemented (I don't remember now, I think the tile joining two kingdoms generates a VP, while it should not).

Xaykev wrote:
I am asking because I am looking for software that makes it possible for me to play the game online.

If you want to play in real time, it's available at www.gametableonline.com (a pay site, not free), and then of course there is a free turn-based implementation here on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.