Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried this tonight. There's an APT 75 hexes from the planet and a "blockading" D6 100 hexes away from the planet. The APT can easily move at 24 and accelerate every impulse (speed 32). So the D6 cannot catch up, and therefore cannot win. What am I missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Pisgah Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
www.gameholecon.com
badge
129/420
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the freighter(s) that need to get to Denebola, not the APT (if you use it in the scenario, it is really only to be used if you don't have enough freighters). The freighters can only go 16+1, so that will change things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Brown
United States
Gorham
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, if you are using an ATP instead of a third freighter for the scenario, does that mean there are only two freighters that can have the hidden cargo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We should just use the ATP card, and pretends it's just another freighter. We could just cross off the few extra boxes, and add an extra command box, amkign sure to use the freighter's turn mode and movement costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Pisgah Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
www.gameholecon.com
badge
129/420
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also just download Communique #29 and print off as many as you like.

http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/Commanders%20Circle...

The index is here if you need other ships:

http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/Communique%20Master...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played it again. Amazing! So much new depth to the game with this simple scenario. The Federation NCL and Klingon D6 seemed like brutes compared to the 3 freighters. The fact that you lose if you destroy one turns this scenario into a competition of finesse. I invented the J-Drop maneuver: just before a Klingon drone was about to impact one of the "unimportant" freighters, I dropped its rear shields, increasing the chances of a kill. Slim, but hilarious at the time. As the Feds, I made all sorts of energy management and positional blunders, and the Klingons made off with the goods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.