Subject: Favour of the Dark Gods and reinforcement tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Djordje Milovancev
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The battle proceeds until there are no more units on one or both sides, or the third round of combat ends. Since the reinforcements are considered to be tier 0 units you proceed to the end, but being reinforcements that they are they cannot occupy a planet or anything and nobody wins, and the defender keeps the structures on the planet or the planet reverts to neutral, if there are no structures on it. As a Chaos player you have things like Dark Faith, Mark of Slaanesh, Lure of Chaos, and Chaos United to summon fully fledged units into this battle from those reinforcements(they still count as cultists), another planet, or just thin air and win it outright!

2.You may use it on the next Strategize order, as you didn't play one after the upgrade got activated but before
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Heck
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
2. If I purchase Favour of the Dark Gods, do I get its ability for the next Strategize order I play and not the one with which I used to purchase it?

I think you need to wait for the next order, because you have to use an upgrade card when you resolve an order, not while resolving an order.

From the Rules Reference:

"When a player resolves an order, if he has an upgrade card
that matches the order he is resolving, he may choose to
resolve the card’s effect."

As I understand it, this also means that you need to decide which orbital bombardment upgrade(s) to use before you roll any dice, for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sham
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's exactly what a Cylon would say!
badge
All is dust...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hethalos wrote:
That makes sense. I guess reinforcements still have a chance to rout or destroy other units.

However, what happens if the player who has only reinforcements has more Morale than the other player by the end of the third execution phase? Is the other player forced to retreat, even though the planet in which they're fighting will be vacant?

The Rules Reference is explicit here:
Page 4 wrote:
Resolution: During resolution, players follow these substeps:
a. Determine Winner: Each player calculates his morale value by adding the number of his icons on his dice, unrouted units, bastions, and faceup combat cards that he played during the combat.
The player with the highest morale value wins the combat and his opponent must retreat all of his units.
If players’ morale totals are tied, the defender wins the combat and the attacking units must retreat.
b. Capture Structures: If the attacker wins the combat, he takes control of any structures on the world by removing his opponent’s control tokens and replacing them with his own.
c. Clean Up: Each player returns any reinforcement tokens he used during the combat to the supply and discards the combat cards he used during the combat by shuffling them back into his combat deck.
Combat ends after resolving this substep.

By definition, the one with most morale wins. The loser retreats. Structures may exchange hands. Then all reinforcement tokens are cleaned up.

And if after all that, it's an empty planet, then it's officially an Uncontrolled Area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Djordje Milovancev
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur with Ridel, while you may win, if you have no units to control the structureless planet it reverts to neutral, and the looser routs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.