9 Posts

T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » General

Subject: Is the Asylum scenario a good Halloween story? NO SPOILERS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Felix Munoz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering, as the title says. Thinking about playing this as our Halloween night game. The graphics suggest "creepy", but not sure, given the scenario summary in the back of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PC ichigo
Thailand
Bangbuathong
Nonthaburi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a bad choice, I would say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it will work, if not, you're in for a great time anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would definitely work! Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Pradon
France
Champs
Auvergne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep ! devil Made for this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjami Pitarch
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. That were the exact words of my GF after playing it last night, since she only knew the time mechanics and saw the futuristic look of the box and components and had no clue about the theme of the first scenario, and I concur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How creepy / scary / horror is this game? I know everyone has their own standard for how much is 'too much' for them. My wife doesn't want to watch the movie "One flew over the cuckoo's nest" because she finds Asylums and having doctors that are evil very creepy. She has epilypsy, so it relates a bit too much to her with how medical community used to treat people with seizures.
So how 'spooky' is this game?
We love creature movies, but never watch movies like the Grudge, Ring, or slasher flicks. Zombie movies, Predator, Alien, Terminator are all good to go.
What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
themaster408 wrote:
How creepy / scary / horror is this game? I know everyone has their own standard for how much is 'too much' for them. My wife doesn't want to watch the movie "One flew over the cuckoo's nest" because she finds Asylums and having doctors that are evil very creepy. She has epilypsy, so it relates a bit too much to her with how medical community used to treat people with seizures.
So how 'spooky' is this game?
We love creature movies, but never watch movies like the Grudge, Ring, or slasher flicks. Zombie movies, Predator, Alien, Terminator are all good to go.
What do you think?

Hmm, different standards indeed. I don't think there's anything more "spooky" in here than you'd find in an episode of Scooby Doo, though some of the events and themes could be labelled adult. But, if your wife balks at that film, I think, sadly, she might want to give this one a miss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjami Pitarch
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I disagree with that. Scooby doo has a comic, kids tone. This scenario is a mature experience. Based on what you said, I think this scenario will be too much for her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.