Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has any one tried playing with more rounds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did contemplate it, but I think it often ends at the perfect point - there's enough time to have got your income to the point of being able to afford one or two star buildings, and to nearly complete the goods track. We've always got all the tools and completed all or almost all the quests.

I fear that a further round would have you scrabbling for anything useful to do.

Also with 4 players there isn't enough cave cards for another round of exploration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After just one play it ended with me wanting more. I think that is because my first play was just 2P. Reading the story passages was exciting.

Our income was a little stifled because we each only had 2 goods on our advancement track until the final two rounds. I ended with 4 goods and my opponent only had two.

I also think it's important to look at the "key" houses and get them build first turn for their benefit.

We also didn't see a lot of beds in the beginning of the game so you had to choose which villagers to rest.

Regardless this is a great twist on worker placement and I am glad I backed it on Kickstarter.

Gonna try it again with the Quests and Tools.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first run through, we felt it wasn't enough too. But after we played another couple of games, and subsequently figured out what we were doing, we were much more effective at playing and felt there WAS enough rounds. Just enough for us to race to get one of those Star buildings. It was rather thrilling! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.