Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if we might see this available at places like Cool Stuff or Miniature Market at some point or if it's only going to be available through Kickstarter?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler W.

Williamsport
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mb
Usually there is a minimum number of copies that need to be printed. Unless there was a ton of backers, there would be many copies left to sell. Some people set up their own websites and others sell through established stores. It seems like this one will definitely be available for purchase somewhere after kickstarter. I think it sounds fun, but it's kind of expensive if you ask me... with shipping it's $40 for the complete game. Kinda steep for a card game that doesn't seem to have much substance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Birkett
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We really hope so. We will definitely be ordering several copies of the game. Though, these additional copies will not have some of the Kickstarter exclusive art we are working on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Birkett
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, the manufacturer we are working with has a MOQ of 1,500 units so we will definitely have a ton to sell at conventions and on our website.

I am glad that you think the game sounds fun!

I am sorry you feel it is priced a bit high though. We would love to get the price down. However, as a first-time publisher our costs are much higher (the MOQ contributes to this, considering we knew we couldn't sell all 1,500 units).

I personally have about $15,000 invested into the company between our two games and just unfortunately didn't have enough to produce it without Kickstarter. I am a college student so I have taken a lot of debt in order to start this.

Also, just so that you know the $40 includes an expansion that is in no way necessary for the game. We wanted to keep the base game fairly inexpensive and thought $25 is reasonable for a board game and allows us enough revenue to actually produce it at the quality we would like to.

Thanks so much for your comment!

- Andrew, CEO of Atheris Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps not for a while now

http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/35557/hanjin-bankruptcy-s...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Birkett
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, that has caused quite the delays. One of the ships with our games was actually just able to port though so we should have games on Amazon sometime in October.

EyeLost wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Birkett
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
When we figure out what is going on with Hanjin and shipping in general the game will be available through us, on Amazon and through local FLGS. If you want your local FLGS to carry the game tell them to pre-order it via ACD Distribution.

Thanks so much for your interest in the game!

trakes wrote:
Just wondering if we might see this available at places like Cool Stuff or Miniature Market at some point or if it's only going to be available through Kickstarter?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Birkett
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Now the game is available through Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Da...

We are also in several FLGS and available in distribution to new stores in the US, Canada, and Europe. Stores can get it through ACD and GTS distribution in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.