Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a 2p game against myself last night to try things out. Ended up with a few questions... I read through the unofficial FAQ and many posts on this forum, but couldn't find these answers.

1. The infinity symbol on some billboards and mailboxes... does that reflect duration? Meaning if the first billboard I place with a Marketing Trainee is an infinite billboard... does that billboard and the Marketing Trainee stay active for the rest of the game (similar to gaining the First Marketing Campaign Milestone)?

-or-

Is it the case where the billboard stays on the board forever (infinite duration), but the Marketeer lasts only the number of turns indicated on their card... Then, once the campaign is over (say 2 turns later in the case of the Trainee), the billboard remains, but someone else can use that same billboard to market something else (but they cannot move it)?

2. Cart Operator - Does the cart operator need to return to one of your restaurants? (I know it cannot perform a U-turn for any reason) I had a strange board layout when I played that meant there was no possibility of leaving a restaurant and returning without performing a U-turn, regardless of how large the range for the Cart Operator was. Can the Cart Operator drive off into the distance and collect beverages it passes or does it need to bring them back to the restaurant? If that answer is 'Yes, it must return', I was in a situation where the Cart Operator could never collect drinks (for either player) on my gameboard.

3. Player Order - I understand the rule about empty slots determining player order... but do you get to choose where you go or do you always go in order? Meaning if I have the most open slots on a given turn, can I choose to go 4th in a 4 player game or do I default to going 1st?

I think it's it for now... Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
zjhomrighaus wrote:
Played a 2p game against myself last night to try things out. Ended up with a few questions... I read through the unofficial FAQ and many posts on this forum, but couldn't find these answers.

1. The infinity symbol on some billboards and mailboxes... does that reflect duration? Meaning if the first billboard I place with a Marketing Trainee is an infinite billboard... does that billboard and the Marketing Trainee stay active for the rest of the game (similar to gaining the First Marketing Campaign Milestone)?

-or-

Is it the case where the billboard stays on the board forever (infinite duration), but the Marketeer lasts only the number of turns indicated on their card... Then, once the campaign is over (say 2 turns later in the case of the Trainee), the billboard remains, but someone else can use that same billboard to market something else (but they cannot move it)?

That side of the billboards/mailboxes/etc. is specifically for the players who have the First Billboard Placed milestone. The billboard/mailbox and the marketer who placed them are both active for the rest of the game. The billboard is placed infinity side down if you do not have the milestone.

Quote:
2. Cart Operator - Does the cart operator need to return to one of your restaurants? (I know it cannot perform a U-turn for any reason) I had a strange board layout when I played that meant there was no possibility of leaving a restaurant and returning without performing a U-turn, regardless of how large the range for the Cart Operator was. Can the Cart Operator drive off into the distance and collect beverages it passes or does it need to bring them back to the restaurant? If that answer is 'Yes, it must return', I was in a situation where the Cart Operator could never collect drinks (for either player) on my gameboard.

No need to return home. They grab the drinks and then teleport back to corporate headquarters where all food is stored.

Quote:
3. Player Order - I understand the rule about empty slots determining player order... but do you get to choose where you go or do you always go in order? Meaning if I have the most open slots on a given turn, can I choose to go 4th in a 4 player game or do I default to going 1st?

You choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nes
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played yet, but I believe question 2 has been answered that: NO, he does not have to return to the restaurant.

ninja 'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
zjhomrighaus wrote:

-or-

If you gain the First Billboard Placed milestone, your marketing campaigns are permanent. The Billboard, Mailbox, Radio, or Plane remains forever.

If you don't have these things, your campaign only last for so many turns. When the campaign ends, you can use your employee again and the billboard, mailbox, radio, or plane is removed from the board.

Quote:

Technically it will return, but the distance is only for the way out. (To simply answer the question, no the cart operator does not need to return. But thematically, the cart operator returns after traveling the allotted distance.)

Quote:

Yes, you get to choose:

rules wrote:
In this phase, players choose their position on the order of play chart.
The player with the most open slots in his company structure may
choose first, followed by the player with the second largest number of
open slots, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zjhomrighaus wrote:

-or-

marketeers that are infinite use that side of the tile.
Quote:

one way trip, which means it can get back the same route it took, so no need to show that reverse trip.
Quote:

choose any, not just left-most.
Quote:

I think it's it for now... Thanks!

any answers wrong will be corrected or clarified within minutes

and wow! ninja x3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grossman
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The marketing tiles only have the infinity symbol on one side. You only get to place an infinite campaign if you have the "First Buildboard Placed" milestone. The market trainee and the billboard in your example will both stay active on that campaign for the rest of the game. If you don't have that milestone, then campaign have limited length depending on the type of campaign done.

2. The Cart Operator does not need to go home. You just need to plan you outgoing route.

3. The player with the most open slots gets to pick their player order, so yes you can choose to go fourth.

ninja x 4
You guys are too fast for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all you Ninjas!

I didn't notice that the marketing tiles were double sided.. makes much more sense! So each marketing tile should have an infinite and non-infinite side... hence the errata with the mailboxes missing infinite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.