David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
Game arrived today and is my grubby little hands. I expect to start delving into it tomorrow morning before the kids start hitting my house looking for candy. For those of you with play experience, what would you consider the current "must-have" file downloads or "must watch" videos to get me going as seamlessly as possible?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't really recommend any videos unless you need help with the minis. The manual takes you step-by-step through the prologue fight against the White Lion and is very straightforward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
sputang wrote:
Game arrived today and is my grubby little hands. I expect to start delving into it tomorrow morning before the kids start hitting my house looking for candy. For those of you with play experience, what would you consider the current "must-have" file downloads or "must watch" videos to get me going as seamlessly as possible?

You could easily just jump into the game with the tutorial from the rulebook.

In my opinion, you should use this file page 8, 9, and 10 as it would let you do a completely spoiler free run of the game (as long as you don't look at the ones that come with the game or page 11 of the same file)

As that would be something really cool to do, totally blind run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you will find KD eases you right into the game. So, dig in!

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about record sheets? Should I go with these?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/122697/kingdom-death-s...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
sputang wrote:

Yes, you should! I just said, use page 8, 9, and 10. It will make all the events completely spoiler free.

Page 11 is an upgraded one from the book, with the events spoilered, while page 10 just has the page numbers you go too! (Easier to navigate than the one actually out of the box, regardless of whether you use page 10 or 11)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Symmetrical Docking wrote:
sputang wrote:

Yes, you should! I just said, use page 8, 9, and 10. It will make all the events completely spoiler free.

Page 11 is an upgraded one from the book, with the events spoilered, while page 10 just has the page numbers you go too! (Easier to navigate than the one actually out of the box, regardless of whether you use page 10 or 11)
Whoops, sorry. Didn't check out your link before posting the reply. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been using this Google Sheet for tracking my settlements and survivors. I print out a new set of updated sheets after each session and it works really well, IMHO.

I'm sorry I forget what user originally posted it here - they should put their username in the file!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sid's Severe Injuries / Brain Trauma table is super handy - and it helps reduce flipping through the book every time you gotta roll on that table……… which will be a lot for the first few sessions

Good luck! May the light of your lanterns guide you and guard you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.