United States
Chandler
AZ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
[This space intentionally left blank]
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason, we didn't catch the fact that we were only to get two rewards at the end of the game and so we took one from each spot after our first game... I thought it seemed like we didn't have enough for the whole time but figured there were more behind other doors. Any ideas on how to best mitigate this? I know we can adjust funding down but we eradicated two diseases in our first game so we ended up taking:

2 positive mutations
1 unfunded event
1 permanent research station
4 character upgrades

We've already decided to scratch the permanent research station and we'll just ignore the character upgrades for now. Will we have made things too easy on ourselves? I guess we've locked in our next few upgrades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kiyoshi
United States
California
flag msg tools
Best thing to do is decide which 2 you want to keep, and add 2 each time you win a game. Ignore the others until you win the appropriate amount of games.

Easy. Just make notes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. UDO
United States
Chandler
AZ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is pretty much what we figured we would do. We obviously want to keep the positive mutations so we'll probably just keep it at that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can try and peel off the stickers and put them back on the sticker sheet. They aren't terribly sticky and shouldn't leave any residue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Rodriguez
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pikkusiili2000 wrote:
That is pretty much what we figured we would do. We obviously want to keep the positive mutations so we'll probably just keep it at that.

Are you sure you were playing right? Eradicating two diseases first game with the first legacy event in play seems very difficult to achieve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamequack wrote:
pikkusiili2000 wrote:

Are you sure you were playing right? Eradicating two diseases first game with the first legacy event in play seems very difficult to achieve.

You only need to eradicate one, and can put both level 1 and 2 on it as both upgrades for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Rodriguez
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mkrajew wrote:
gamequack wrote:
pikkusiili2000 wrote:

You only need to eradicate one, and can put both level 1 and 2 on it as both upgrades for the game.

But OP said he eradicated TWO diseases, one disease is no biggie but two is a stretch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Brown
United States
Gorham
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mkrajew wrote:
gamequack wrote:
pikkusiili2000 wrote:

I do not think this is true. I think it is clear that you can apply one positive mutation per virus that was eradicated in the game that just ended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Auricle wrote:

I do not think this is true. I think it is clear that you can apply one positive mutation per virus that was eradicated in the game that just ended.

Why do you believe this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Auricle wrote:

https://twitter.com/robdaviaugamer/status/655615965498093568

Rob has confirmed you can play two mutations on the same eradicated disease
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Brown
United States
Gorham
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slyght wrote:
Auricle wrote:

https://twitter.com/robdaviaugamer/status/655615965498093568

Rob has confirmed you can play two mutations on the same eradicated disease

Well, it appears I am incorrect. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. UDO
United States
Chandler
AZ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamequack wrote:
pikkusiili2000 wrote:

Yep. We played correctly. We were pretty impressed that we kept it as under control as we did. Everyone in the group is an experienced Pandemic player and we ended that first game with only one outbreak and two diseases eradicated. Luck of the draw, we had one eradicated before the first epidemic card. I'll keep in mind that we could have put two mutations on one disease just in case we get that again. I expect we'll be more punished in subsequent rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
JoeKiyoshi wrote:
Best thing to do is decide which 2 you want to keep, and add 2 each time you win a game.

I'm sure you meant "play" not "win".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Whiteman
United States
Middletown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the self adjusting nature of the game, I would just not add any upgrades in the next three games. If anything you have actually hurt yourself in the long run as you won't be able to adjust the upgrades you have taken to the changing board state.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Miller
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamequack wrote:
pikkusiili2000 wrote:

we just finished january, and eradicated two diseases as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.