Subject: Maxx Deck - What to take out? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodrigo Oliveira
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
This version of my Maxx deck is untested, the previous one was not successfull. I put 48 cards in this deck, and need to take out 3 (or just 1? not sure if a 47 cards would be better). Any help about what to keep and what to take?

Punk-Gochick

MaxX: Maximum Punk Rock (Order and Chaos)

Event (23)
1x Account Siphon (Core Set) ••••
2x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
2x Forked (Order and Chaos)
3x I've Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
2x Knifed (Order and Chaos)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) •••
2x Retrieval Run (Future Proof)
2x Spooned (Order and Chaos)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Wanton Destruction (Order and Chaos)

Hardware (4)
2x Box-E (First Contact) ••
2x e3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount) ••••

Resource (7)
1x Hades Shard (First Contact)
3x Liberated Account (Trace Amount)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (6)
3x Eater (Order and Chaos)
2x Faust (The Underway)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)

Program (8)
2x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
3x Keyhole (True Colors)
3x Trope (Old Hollywood)
15 influence spent (max 15)
48 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Old Hollywood

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Blackwell
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why Trope and Levy?
And what fuels Faust? 1 card a turn doesnt seem like enough. But I have admittedly never played Maxx or Faust =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I would drop all 3 copies of Trope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
Yeah, I would drop all 3 copies of Trope.
yeah, Trope is pretty terribad in MaxX. just use Levy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Freeman
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Only use for Trope is with Clone Chip to grab your Levy. With a Clone Chip down it lessens the drain.

Alright, now lets get down to the nuts and bolts of the deck.

I wiould drop Box-E entirely as it is pretty much superfluous. If you want + Handsize just run brain cage and save yourself influence. Also, you may want to drop e3.

Ultimately, you need to spare 4 influence for your second Account Siphon. A singleton Siphon isn't enough to give an eater deck any legs at all and it is probably far too weak to matter.

Cut down to x1 knifed, forked, spooned and just have your sweet, sweet deja vu/same olds recur what you need when you need it. If it is still a major concern, run x1 Planned Assault so you can run any of your high octane run events at the most advantageous moment.

Dirty Laundry is fine, but you MIGHT want Day Job instead. In Eater/MaxX it is often necessary.

DDoS is pretty much required as a x2 in modern Eater/MaxX decks. It enables early Siphon plays.

Personally, I am not sold on Faust in Eater/MaxX. I think Knight is better, especially since Blue Sun is not as prevalent right now and any ice they trash to get rid of Knight, enables Immo Script, which is a favorite x1 of mine in my Eater/MaxX.

Tl : dr - Put in Siphon #2 and x2 DDoS. Cut Box-E and/or e3 as well as at least x2 Trope to make room for cards.

Eater/MaxX is great and it will get better post councilman. Get your reps in now because it might be a sleeper hit next cycle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.