United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
There is a war on for your mind...
badge
www.DrudgeReport.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Does KO'ing a monster with YGO Blue Eyes global ability count as targetting a character? If so, and I ran Blue Eyes with a Teen Titans team, Cassie Sandsmark could redirect the KO to an opponent's character instead.
Blue Eyes global does not say KO "Target" character, but that is what you're doing and I know there are some terminology discrepancies with YGO that may back a more open interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, no. The part about KO'ing a character is considered to be a "cost", and you cannot avoid paying costs. See here:

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8509
Quote:
How does redirecting costs work?
You cannot redirect costs. Under Fundamental Rules in the rulebook, it states:

“You cannot avoid paying costs. For example, if the cost of something is spinning a die down one level, and all you have are level 1 characters that can’t be spun down you can’t pay that cost.”

For example, you couldn’t use Blue Eyes White Dragon: Monstrous Dragon’s Global Ability in conjunction with Wonder Girl: Cassie Sandsmark. KOing your own character for Blue Eyes White Dragon is a cost to you, you cannot avoid paying it. To further clarify this, future rulebooks will include:

When doing something in isolation would typically be detrimental to the player using it, it is a cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gladiator Posse
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
There is a war on for your mind...
badge
www.DrudgeReport.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Got me again Paul...
One of these days I'll have a legal idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.